Air bags Warning Light.

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2019, 05:29 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Air bags Warning Light.

Hello,

I have a 2002 Volvo V70. Automatic Station Wagon. Normally aspirated engine.

I had a water leak inside the car, while I was repairing the leaks I disconnected 2 wires by the hood latch which triggered the Airbags light which comes on when I turn on the car and it stays on.

Someone told me to disconnect the battery, I left the battery disconnected for about a month (I was not driving the car). When I connected the battery, the light came back on.

I know the dealer can reset it with the code reader but they want a fortune for the 2 minutes it takes to reset it.

Is there a way to do this ?

Is the code reader available at AutoZone part stores able to reset this ?

Also, I have the service light on too and would like to reset that too.

Anyone knows how to do this please ?

Thanks so much.
AJ

Old 11-29-2019, 08:17 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Answers

You need a reader which can clear the SRS light.
When you read the specs from one manufacturer you will see "air bag light" appear in the upper half of their offerings.
This goes for all the manufacturers including the ones offered by Harbor Freight.
If you were closer than the Pacific Ocean I'd do it for you.

Here are the instructions for offing the service warning. You use the 2nd set (2002-)
Resetting the Service reminder indicator (SRI), model years -2001
The service reminder indicator remains lit for 120 seconds when the ignition is switched on.
Note! If the lamp flashes, it may be because one of the service parameters has not been programmed.
Proceed as follows to reset:
-Ignition position I
-Press and hold in the reset button for the trip odometer
-Ignition position II
-The service reminder indicator (SRI) starts flashing when the reset button for the trip odometer has been pressed for 10 seconds
-Release the reset button for the trip odometer within 5 seconds. The instrument gives an audible signal when resetting has succeeded.
Note! If the trip meter reset button is not released within 5 seconds the indicator is not reset. However the indicator will stop flashing.

Resetting the service reminder indicator (SRI), model years 2002-
The service reminder is displayed for 120 s each time the ignition is switched on.
-Ignition position I
-Press and hold in the reset button for the trip odometer
-Ignition position II.
Note! Turn the key to position II within 2 seconds.
-Hold the reset button for the trip meter pressed in until the original value has been reset.
Note! For all vehicles from the 2003 model year a general yellow lamp will light when the reset button must be released.
-Release the reset button for the trip odometer within 4 seconds. The instrument gives an audible signal when resetting has succeeded
-If the trip meter is already reset the reset button should be held in for a minimum of 10 seconds and a maximum of 14 seconds.
Note! If the reset button for the trip odometer is not released within 4 seconds, the service reminder indicator (SRI) is not reset.

Last edited by Georgeandkira; 11-29-2019 at 08:21 AM. Reason: tightening