Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

crutchfield users

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 09:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crutchfield users

I am considering a unit from them, but was wondering about the dash kit (can't fine a double din). It's says it comes free, and the price of the raido is decent, but the kit installed in my wifes mazda sucks. Granted it may have been the installers fault, but it looks and is cheap. I really like the look of the stock radio, but desperatly want a CD player in-dash. I figured I'd try the install my self, I heard it's not that tough.

Old 11-26-2005, 04:25 PM
Default RE: crutchfield users

From what I hear, Crutchfield offers reasonable prices and they include dash kits with harnesses for free. When I got my Kenwood installed, I had to purchase a separate double-din to single-din kit and harness that wasn't even compatible with my Volvo.

Old 11-26-2005, 05:19 PM

Thanks for the reply. I suppose when I'm serious about ordering, I'll just have to talk with them. My biggest concerns are the radio working with all speakers and fitting nicely. I had a radio installed in a Trans Am once that stuck out and really killed the look for me. But crutchfield has what I think is an excellent deal on a panasonic now. here it is Any thoughts?

Old 11-27-2005, 02:58 AM

I have ordered a few stereos from Crutchfield ove rhte past few years and everyone fit very nicely.

Enter "Pa106" in the coupon code area and you will get 10% off as well (except on iPods and other select products)

Old 11-27-2005, 04:51 AM

As for installation and all speakers working properly, you should do a careful and good install job or if you really want, get it installed professionally. That Panasonic is decent for its price but not the top of the line. Only 2.5V preamp and 96dB signal-to-noise. And no MP3!?! For that price, I'm certain you can get an MP3/CD player.

Old 12-12-2005, 06:44 PM

well I ordered the Panasonic today. I debated for a while, but for what I plan on, I think it will fit the bill. It's suppose to be here in a week, and from the response on their site, installation should be easy, so hopfully I'll have pics and such in a week. Audio ignorant questions, the HU comes with 3 pre-amp outs, so those have to go directly to and amp and then the speaker? Does that also mean I could but a smallish amp so I can use all four door speakers? I have made peace with losing the rear door speakers

Old 12-16-2005, 05:02 AM

Well I received the HU today, I wasn't expecting it till monday or so so that's cool. I got all the wires connected and now just need to actually fit it to the car, which I think is going to be difficult. But it's dark and I'm tired, so it'll wait till tomorrow. I post pics then, if anyone wants to see. Night sue ellen