Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

ipod Integration

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 03:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ipod Integration

For all of you with ipods that are just dying to integrate them into your factory stereo DensionUSA (www.densionusa.com) has set up a waiting list for an integration kit for all 2001+ volvos. If you go to website you can add your email address to the list and then you will be emailed when the kit becomes available. I assume that they will release the kit when they get enough interest. I helped my friend install one of their kits on his Audi and it is AWESOME. It fully integrates so all your stereo controls control your ipod and it charges it as well. The quality is perfect. So if anyone is interested go to dension and add your email to the list so they will release the kit sooner. Happy Listening!

Old 02-27-2005, 08:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ipod Integration

I also found a solution which should become available in march.. check out the pa10-vol

Old 03-09-2005, 04:18 PM

I checked out the link you suggested for the ipod. Are you planning on getting one of those? If you do let me know how it works for you. Thanks for the info.

Old 03-11-2005, 09:55 AM

Mikey,
Yes, i do plan on buying one when available and will post results here.

Old 04-04-2005, 07:59 PM

another possibility with an ipod:

i myself have bought an itrip, which tunes into a radio station of your choice. the station has to be unused so the itrip can "create" its own station. these things really work too. i actually got outta my car and walked to the bottom of my street with the radio still on (about 150-200 ft) and the ipod acted as a remote from that distance. itrips r like 40$ and u can even get a car charger for another 40 so battery is not a problem. recommended for those who do not have capable dash set up or dont feel like investing in a head unit

Old 04-05-2005, 12:20 AM

sound quality with FM Modulation is crap.

Old 04-05-2005, 03:09 PM

FWIW, an FM Modulator that TRANSMITS an FM signal does have its problems creating a decent listening experience. However, an FM Modulator that is installed in the antenna line works quite well. No, it's not AUX, but if you are a V50 owner, Volvo hasn't provided any other options.

Old 04-08-2005, 06:51 PM

where did you get the wiring kit for your antenna line and will it charge your ipod too? does it connect through the headphone jack or the dock port? and how much does it cost?

it's too bad volvo hasn't caught up with bmw yet on this.

Old 04-09-2005, 12:00 PM

iPod integration is already passe` Now it's all about Mini-Mac integration

Old 04-09-2005, 02:44 PM

hahaha no way mini mac. you can get a cigarette adapter charger for ipod for like 40 dollars and u just roll up the wire and stick it in that space under the radio set up. then the ipod acts like a remote, a very cool remote.

Old 04-11-2005, 03:05 PM

Can you watch DVDs on an iPod? Surf the net? Play Games? No? Ok then.

Old 04-11-2005, 03:10 PM

screw a mac mini, i'm going to hard wire a G5 into my trunk with a 30 inch display on my dash.

Old 04-11-2005, 10:22 PM

BECAUSE I LOVE WATCHING DVDS WHILE IM DRIVING!!!!!! AND PLAYING GAMES MAKES IT EVEN EASIER TO PAY ATTENTION, ESPECIALLY SINCE IM 16 AND TEND TO GO A WEE BIT FASTER THEN NECCESARY AND PAY LESS ATTENTION

Old 04-11-2005, 10:30 PM

ORIGINAL: S70turbo1999

BECAUSE I LOVE WATCHING DVDS WHILE IM DRIVING!!!!!! AND PLAYING GAMES MAKES IT EVEN EASIER TO PAY ATTENTION, ESPECIALLY SINCE IM 16 AND TEND TO GO A WEE BIT FASTER THEN NECCESARY AND PAY LESS ATTENTION
The all caps really highlights your lack of maturity as it is. You make it very hard not to turn every thread you post in a flame thread.
I.C.E. (in car entertainment) isn't exclusively for the driver. Satelite internet for cars is already a reality. Imagine you're in an unfamiliar town and you need to find a reputable shop to fix your Volvo, pull over, log on, Google it, and you'll have a turn by turn map with satelite imagery to your destination. Want to find somewhere to eat, sleep, drink (in 5 years) you'd able to do it all without leaving the car, which is nice when you don't know exactly where you are and maybe the weather isn't very nice either etc. There are plenty of times I've found myself waiting in/around my car for lengthy amounts of time, and wish that I had brought my laptop or portable DVD player along.

Old 04-12-2005, 05:13 PM

But you can just call 411 or whatever and get directions, unless you seriously cannot follow them. If you can afford a fancy laptop and put it in your dash then you are better off saving your money for a nice cell phone that can do that for you. And why would you need t.v. in your car to entertain people? Hopefully you are going out and are charismatic enough to have decent conversations. ICE is all for show.

Old 04-12-2005, 11:30 PM

A Mini-Mac is $400...
And try and learn proper english composition before you attempt to flame someone.

Old 05-16-2005, 07:17 PM

I read articles from Apple and Volvo, that there will be an officially release iPod integration upgrade for all 2005 models of their cars. It is not available yet (at least not in my area), however I heard it may become available in June 2005.

The S40 will have a built in FM transmitter, while the other models will have a direct connection.

Does anyone here have other information about this... prices, pictures, quality?

Old 05-31-2005, 07:40 PM

does anyone know if this means volvo will be releasing a retrofit kit for earlier models?

Old 06-21-2005, 06:21 PM

Check www.usaspec.com

They have the integration kits for direct iPod to radio connection. I bought a CD changer from them to put in my Cadillac Seville. The changer plugs right into the plug for the factory CD changer and it can be controlled through the steering wheel or dash controls. It is completely seamless. Their products are extremely innovative, work well and are very reasonably priced.

If you are in the So. California area (Los Angeles-Ventura-Santa Barbara) call Muntz Stereo, in Ventura and ask them to hook you up. They are a dealer for USA SPECS. Good luck.

Old 06-21-2005, 07:42 PM

thanks, i'll check it out.

Quick Reply: ipod Integration