Detailing Discuss detailing your ride inside and out here.

Finally got to try my new Pinnacle products!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 02:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got to try my new Pinnacle products!

Been cold and wet here for the last couple of weeks but we have had a couple of clear, sunny days so I took advantage of it, washed the car and detailed it with the Pinnacle car care kit I received recently as a gift, thanks again Andre....

I must say, these products are very good, the Bodywork shampoo/wash is excellent, long lasting foam, rinses off and leaves no residue behind.

The Paintwork Cleansing Lotion is good although my 13 year old paint job shows it's age and it would be hard to get all the swirls and scratches out.......

The best stuff of the lot is the Souveran Paste Wax....... I have never used a better Carnauba wax! It goes on with very little effort and comes off with even less...........leaving an incredible finish....

The last product I used was the Crystal Mist which is a spray on "touch-up" for the wax finish. This will be handy for quick touch ups in between full details.

All in all I am really pleased with the Pinnacle line of products I have tried. I am not trying to sound like an advertisement, I have no affiliation with Pinnacle, but if you want decent detailing products I suggest giving them a try...thanks. Jeremy

PS. The microfiber clothes that came with the kit are the real deal....

Attached Thumbnails Finally got to try my new Pinnacle products!-008.jpg   Finally got to try my new Pinnacle products!-006.jpg   Finally got to try my new Pinnacle products!-007.jpg  
Old 11-24-2013, 03:39 PM
Administrator
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Nice, looks very clean.

My clear coat is on it's way out. I think I got caught behind a truck or something that was spraying fuel or some other paint damaging substance out because I lost my shine in 1 day.

Put a link to their site if you remember what it is. Thanks

Old 11-24-2013, 04:55 PM

Thanks Robert, I am surprised how well my paint has lasted.....

Link for Pinnacle products.........

Pinnaclewax.com- Pinnacle Car Care Products

Old 11-26-2013, 09:50 AM
Former Sponsor

I'm glad you received the kit and had great success with it . The reflections look great and I'm glad you liked the wax. I always tell people how easy this stuff is to put on and take off but they doubt it a lot of the time because it sounds too good to be true. The Souveran wax is all I use myself and love it.

Originally Posted by Fogducker
The Paintwork Cleansing Lotion is good although my 13 year old paint job shows it's age and it would be hard to get all the swirls and scratches out.......
Yeah, this kit comes with the Paintwork Cleansing Lotion that's more geared towards newer cars with newer paints that don't really have any swirls. It is a non abrasive chemical cleaner that strips any old waxes and sealants so that the new layer of Pinnacle Souveran Wax will bond better with the clearcoat. If you use the Cleansing Lotion with a buffer and a polishing pad, it will remove minor swirls and oxidation but nothing too crazy.

If you're looking to physically remove the minor swirls and scratched, I would get a micro-abrasive polish such as Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish. You do have to use it with a Dual Action Polisher such as a Porter Cable, but these buffers aren't too expensive these days.

Here's a link to a write up I did on a Kona Blue Mustang that had swirls in it and I took a few pictures of what the Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish could REALLY DO:
Polishing Your Car With Pinnacle

Thank you so much for the great write up Jeremy