Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the forums here.

We Need A Plan

Old 06-19-2008, 08:06 AM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default We Need A Plan

To all you regulars on this board,

With all the problems they are having with this forum, I would not be surprised if it just goes away one day. I really hope not, but I have it happen to me before and somehow I hooked up with most of the regulars from that msg board on another board. We need to do the same thing. I do go to volvospeed.com, but that one is just too busy with people that are not that friendly. Does anybody have a suggestion on where we can hook back up? No doubt I said too much and this will not post.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:44 AM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: We Need A Plan

Just wait it out. If they want to keep this site afloat then they have to do something to do so. However it doesn't look like they want to. So I am just going to ride it out. If the site goes does and doesn't return so be it. I have nothing truly invested into this forum other then my text I have typed out so many times for people. Let it flounder I say, they obviously don't care because I know sometimes it takes awhile to fix a problem but this has been on going for so long they have to know the problem, they are just too lazy to fix it. Also if our ADMIN would make an apperance more then once a month if that maybe he or she could further explain what the heck is going on, but as you see they don't want to. So let it floudner.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 06-19-2008, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator

I just bookmarked the volvo-forums.com. So if this should dissappear, which I really hope it does not, I will go there and hopefully meet back up with you guys. I agree somewhat with what S70driver is saying. I don't think anybody except the people on this forum really pay much attention to it and this has definitely been going on way too long.

Old 06-19-2008, 02:45 PM

I didnt think id feel at home here bein a brit, but hell i do? a good bunch of peeps. hope it gets sorted,If it doesnt, and we all lose touch, Youve been decent, and well mannered, cheers,NOW GET IT SORTED, lol. you can always take members e.mail addys an contact them, someone can i mean? Good luck all. John.

Old 06-19-2008, 05:55 PM
JRL

Not sure what this is about but I've been postingon Volvo boards for over 6 years and I NEVER even knew this siteexisted save for someone cross posting over on Swedespeed.
So whatever the problem is here, the biggest seems to be a completelack of exposure
JRL

Old 06-21-2008, 10:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope nothing happens to this site. It has been a pleasure to interact with the easy going members. I've saved a lot of money on repairs and the 'search' has saved me a few times when I needed an answer right away.
Hail to Tech, the Moderators and all the regulars. Sincerly, Eric

Old 06-21-2008, 07:00 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

If it does go which I don't think it will I will go back to Volvo-forums.com full time. Was doing both full time at one time but they got to big over there.

Old 06-21-2008, 09:01 PM

Hi Guys. I'm the Admin over at hummerforums.com This problem is affecting all of the autouniverse-releated/owned forums. We had the issues for over a month.

The reason things haven't been repaired yet is because they are in the process of moving the forums over to new software. In order to keep the links and search engine results in tact, there are massive amounts of programming to be done. They don't want to loose their search engine status for all of the threads and forum links out there.They've been working on the upgrade for a couple of weeks already and decided better to do the upgrade now instead of spending time to fix the problems when the new forum software will take care of it.

It's a daily headache for me to deal with as well, but it will be fixed and they have no intention on getting rid of any of the forums fortunately.

I'll be much more active here as well since I will be getting my first Volvo next week hopefully.

Just an FYI to anybody who's wondering what's going on. I have a friend on the inside.

Old 06-21-2008, 09:04 PM
Administrator

Thanks for the extra Update. I kind of knew some of that after talking to Patrick last week. But I wasn't sure exactly when the update was going to be done thats why I didn't say to much on here. Didn't want to get hopes up to high when it still might be a couple of weeks before anything happens.

Old 06-21-2008, 09:09 PM

I talk to Patrick alot. I wasn't sure if he ever comes on here so I didn't want to start throwing his name out there. I'm glad he keeps everybody up to date.

Believe me, it's been a struggle for me to stay on hummerforums. We have hundreds of posts a day going on there and it's gone down alot since the problems, but hopefully if we have some patience everything will be back to normal (at least I keep telling myself that).

Unfortunately, Patrick is the last to know, next to us. Go figure.

Old 06-21-2008, 11:15 PM
Administrator

I know I am going to stick it out. This site is my Baby. When I first started here there was maybe 1/2 a page a day of new posts.
Then it grew to about 3 to 4 pages a day. I have been very deticated to this forum. (Can't you tell by my post #'s? LOL)
I will stick it out as long as I need to. It has gotten a little better I had give really short answers for about a week anything longer than one line it wouldn't post.

Old 06-21-2008, 11:18 PM

I'm stickin' with you, tech...you the man!

Old 06-22-2008, 07:36 AM
Super Moderator

I was not trying to get people to go someplace else. I just had this gut feel that this forum could dissappear and I wanted a plan for the regulars here, mainly you tech, to meet back up on another board. I still log on here regularly, but can NOT understand why it's taking so long to get back to normal. Does seem better the last day or two though I have to admit. If this all posts when I hit OK, I would say it's a good bit better.

EDIT: When I hit OK I just sat there in anticipation cause it did pause for a second and then I was like ALRIGHT! Doesn't take much to amuse me early on a Sunday morning.

Old 06-22-2008, 01:13 PM

Some of the problems can be in our own computers. I recommend a good internet security suite(I use CA), Ad-Aware SE personal and for confused computers try SDFix, It'll get the bugs out. The last 2 are free downloads. This has been my coarse. With 2 sonswho most likelysurf into some shady sites (not me of coarse, LOL), it's worked well.

Old 06-22-2008, 01:26 PM

I cleaned mine Eric but it was clean. The site seems to be runnin a lot better at the moment, not brill, but a lot better. Blinkin martions lol.

Old 06-23-2008, 03:39 AM
JPN
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

The reply function seems to have gotten normal, but the apostrophe-becoming-double (would have been a welcome had it been my paycheck) persists.

I do not believe the problem is in our PCs. I run Symantec with up-to-date virus definitions, intrusion detection, phishing-filter, etc...but the apostrophe thing is still there to my amusement.

I wonder what Axelm and 01_fast_ride would have to say on this...

JPN

Old 06-27-2008, 10:18 AM
Administrator

The forum isnt going anywhere. The software failure causing these recent problems require an upgrade to fix them, and that is a fairly extensive process. The tech team has been budgeting their time between trying to make this software functional while also preparing for the upgrade.

volvoforums isnt going anywhere, and when the upgrade is complete, it will be better than ever...

Old 06-27-2008, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks Patrick.

Old 06-27-2008, 01:32 PM
reg

I have difficulty on a BMW forum and also on a Briggs and Stratton racing engine forum. The BMW forum is an over-seas forum and I now doubt that your pc is the issue.

r.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: We Need A Plan