General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

hmmmmm...

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 01:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hmmmmm...

I bought my car with 48k miles on it....2001 Volvo s80 t6

I bought it last June on the 21st......

These are the problems I've had...
- 3 light bulbs replaced
- rear sway bar links replaced
- resealment of both of the turbos (they were leaking)
- oil was mixing with the fuel - no oil pressure.
- SRS airbag message keeps popping on, "middle pretensioner is too high" - happend 4 times(once they just reset it), replaced the SRS module and that same middle seat belt twice. One episode they had my car for 3 weeks!
- Steering wheel creeks - w40 solution
- front sway replaced(1), engine mounts were changed
- Throttle body was changed
- Mass flow air sensor was replaced
- power steering fluid resavoir was leaking, had that replaced.
- just paid 509$ for the "60k major tune up"
- cylinder misfire #5
- its only been 10 months....
......There were some other problems that I probably cannot remember!

Does anyone think that this is a Lemon car, It seems every few weeks i go to the Volvo Delearship to get something fixed, or they find something, ontop of this the service manager is a real grumpy jerk....

If you think it is, heh What should I do?

Old 04-02-2006, 03:07 AM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RE: hmmmmm...

Looks like the car wasn't maintained very well before you got it.
Some people just don't care and Lease it or drive it to the ground.

Old 04-03-2006, 10:20 AM

When you bought car was it out of factory warranty? I know it wasn't for mileage but how about age? I agree with Tech it may not have been maintained very well but some of your issues are not directly related to poor maintenance it seems to me.Volvo's do have a habit of eating lite bulbs (at least one of mine does) but every thing else you mentioned seems very odd for a 48K car.You also did not mention what problems you were having prior to taking the car to the shop. Was it running or handling poorly or did the dealer just "find"all these issues?Did you ask to see the replaced parts?Seems to me a grumpy service manager would be a real quick way to lose customers for a dealership. BJ

Old 04-03-2006, 05:25 PM

factory warranty covered all but the power steering resavoir leak, they extended my factory delearship warranty to 54k, then stopped all coverage, Heh on average I've been going to the delearship like 3-4 times a month...lol its a pain.....especially when I go to college. Right now the car has 60k miles on it. Everyday Im like, What else could go wrong with the car today .. hahah .... I do use the turbos on and off...

Old 04-03-2006, 06:40 PM

I guess I should quit asking all these questions and offer something positive. If you knew who the previous owner was or could find out, maybe ask him or her if they were having problems of that magnitude with the car. I live in Tennessee and we have a "lemon law" that gives the consumer some protection if you really get a clunker of a car. Baiscally it gives the dealership some opportunity to resolve the issues and if not, they have to make you whole on the car. Maybe check and see if your state (province?sorry I dont know where you live) has a similar law. Hope this helps, sorry about the car-Volvo's are usually much more relaible. BJ

Old 04-04-2006, 12:35 AM

I live out in Massachussetts, I think the Lemon law is only 60days, i dont know the details lol, I think its just a losing battle...