General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

Music File Fix 4 Sensus

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2022, 09:06 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Music File Fix 4 Sensus

Hello,

Recently picked up an S90 and had issues with compilation albums showing as 15 albums from one album folder, spent hours m3u creating only to run into the 100 playlist barrier resulting in only the first 100 playlists showing up in Playlist option,

So how did I finally get round it? well having read numerous historic threads on the issue where none really sorted it for me I accidentally found a 100 % working fix,

Here's how to do it,

Get Mp3tag and install it on the PC

Assemble your albums into a group folder each (Beach Boys-Greatest Hits-Hit the Sand-Brian's Favourite Hits) (Pink Floyd-Umag-Dark Side-) etc

Now drag one whole individual Artist folder into Mp3tag

Select all files

In the field Genre select one for all of that artist in your folder and save it

In the Artist field write the artist name properly to how you want it to look and save it

Now the magic

CAUTION - Don't edit song names or artist ones that you want to keep and don't appear in the two crucial fields

You have two fields, one is called Artist and the other the Song Title

You will find by swapping them over so what was populated with lots of different names becomes one artist by cut & pasting then saving them the Sensus will read Artist first and base it's listing on that regardless of the rest of the tag, you only need to cut n paste the artists variable names, if you cut the album title once and put it in the top slot of Artist you can save it (select all - make sure the correct album title is in Artist in the lefthand boxes) and save and it will populate the lot for you

Now when you load up sensus all your music files will list properly and as complete albums that play 1-10 in order as long as you've tagged them correctly

I went a step further and re-numbered all my double albums so they play through as one album in one folder, you must make sure the track numbers are edited to match though

If you do this you get all your genres in order, track numbers in order of play, and no variations in how the artist name is written, so Robby Williams or robbie Williams becomes Robbie Williams throughout, the more inline with each other the album info is the more likely you won't see a 10 track cd listing as two folders with 8 tracks in one and two in the other

For best control edit offline, if you edit online you get everybody else's prior mistakes and need to start again

It's intensive but worth it, to make it faster do away with artist name and simply replace it with the album title, save and you're done,

Once you familiarise yourself with the various functions in Mp3tag you'll be able to fine tune everything even better, it gives you 3 choices for each function, Keep - Blank or the cd artist & title in various states of spelling, choose the best one for you

Hope this is an easier and better explained way to get your music in a readable order.

Last edited by Cruiser; 06-14-2022 at 09:09 AM.