General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

Quick question

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2020, 09:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick question

Wife looking at a 2017/2018 V60 Cross Country to replace our Ford Edge. She’s tall and doesn’t want to have to climb “down” into the car. Anyone out there have a similar model and can give us a “distance from the ground to the seat bottom” number as well as a “total height of the hatchback opened” to compare to what we already have? Yup, I know we could search around dealerships and possibly find a candidate to look at, but the pandemic is putting the kibosh on that. Looking at several examples online through auto search sites (amazing how few are in the south!) and should have a good $ number to put to individual models and mileages, including certified vehicles. But first it would be nice to know some comparison numbers based on what we currently are driving.
Thanks ahead of time, and stay healthy!

Old 06-25-2020, 11:23 PM
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I'll weigh in Jim. I don't have exact inches and millimetres but have driven both. And I have a wife who dislikes "low cars" .
The Volvo certainly feels a bit lower, but height is only part of the story. The Volvo is more "ergonomic". You'll find thatit is constructed in a way that makes it easy to get in/out of, hatches tend to open more to protect you head, seats are outstandingly comfortable as well. I believe you will find build quality better than the Ford also. We rent an Edge several times a year and I can honestly say that I am not impressed with the materials choice, although they do ride well. At least when they are new.
You are talking about moving "up" a step and the price and experience are evidence of that. I think that, virus aside, a few good test drives should convince you. The XC60 is a bit taller and more SUV like than the wagon based CC

Old 06-26-2020, 02:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! Yup, I know I’m definitely moving up in quality, and the final say will be when spouse finally gets the chance to sit in/drive one. Sure would like to see a few more 17/18’s a little closer to TX tho!