General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

Reduced Engine Performance message...

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 11:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reduced Engine Performance message...

Very Hot days here and when I went to start up the car I got the Reduced Engine Performance Message... I shut it off then restart and it goes away and the car runs ok. We just had ALot or work done on this car, from timing belt, to Breather box in the engine to some air intake stuff at the Dealer...THis is after a few months back we changed all plugs and ingnition coils (yes all of them). The car we just go back about 2 weeks now and I noticed that is was a bit sluggish kinda, when just cruising and will kinda surge and stop just a minor minor bit, kinda like a boat when going over small ripples. I notice everything, my wife doesn't feel it as much. when you do give it gas it will go. I figured everything has been done it seems might be a fuel filter, but this Reduced Engine Performance Message I have never seen ever and I've had the car since new till now. We did allot of work and hope this is very minor. car has about 135,000 miles..

Any advice just let me know... please