General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

VIDA/DiCE Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 09:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VIDA/DiCE Questions

I'm still relatively new here, hope this thread isn't repetitive but I didn't see one dedicated to VIDA/DiCE questions and I have a few.

First about my setup...

I ordered an aftermarket DiCE online (Amazon) with VIDA 2013A disk, and after several attempts (very finicky software), finally got it up and running, hooked up to my wifes car and everything was cool. I can read codes, get parts lists and do everything I want BUT program software.

Well this worked great but I really wanted to know if and how to download and program software upgrades with my new tool. After MUCH research and several phone calls I finally figured out how to get registered with Volvo. I purchased a 3 day license which included a NEW VIDA 2014a Disk. Which Volvo very explicitly stated will only work on Win XP Pro with IE8 or Win 7 Pro with IE10 and starting with 2014b onward, XP support is dropped.

So, I purchased a laptop, set up a dual boot Win 7 Pro x64 and Win XP Pro on separate partitions. Installed the 'patched' 2013A VIDA on the Win XP partition and got registered with Volvo and have a fully legit VIDA 2014A installed on the Win 7 partition. This solution so far works great because I only got a 3 day license for the 'official' version and after that 3 days I have to buy another license to use it again, so for anything other than programming I can boot to XP for diagnostics/parts etc.

My questions are, has anyone else had any experience with VIDA/DiCE?

Does anyone know if/how I can program my tire size? I can change seat heater presets, DRL settings, tons of stuff, and I can read my current tire size in mm but I don't see how to change it! (I purchased slightly oversize tires and the speedo reads a little slow now.)

Old 05-05-2014, 10:33 PM
Super Moderator
Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

You cannot program tire size. Being able to do software downloads won't do you much good unless you are replacing a failed module or programming a new key and remote.

Last edited by ES6T; 05-05-2014 at 10:36 PM.
Old 05-10-2014, 10:30 AM

Yeah, since the nearest Volvo dealer to me is 150miles away, being able to program keys and software upgrades is handy!

Old 05-12-2014, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by ES6T
You cannot program tire size.
Just curious, you absolutely know this for a fact? Every other OEM on the planet allows atleast a short list of possible tire sizes for speedo correction, but your sure that Volvos do not?

Old 05-12-2014, 11:31 PM
Super Moderator
Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

I am sure. Anything programmable is under Advanced when you click the module name in Vehicle Communication under the Diagnostics tab.

Originally Posted by texasdieselguy
Every other OEM on the planet allows atleast a short list of possible tire sizes
Do you know that for a fact?