General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

Volvo Psyche

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 12:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Volvo Psyche

Sunday December 16th

We are having quite a storm up here to day. 16 degrees with sideways snow. My son is supposeto make it to work by 9 am.(weekend lumber yard manager) I tell him, a plow has to go by before he even attempts to go. I clear the drive way as soon as one does, and off he goes.
Then I decide to run downtown,while the coast is clear. I warm up my V70 per with these most excellent instructions.> https://volvoforums.com/m_85598/tm.htm
(don't ask which opinion I chose. But I will tell you, it was somewhere between JimKW's and JPN's)
My V70 takes me out the driveway, but not up the hill. So I do one of those backwards 180's that are so fun in a front wheel car, and head down the hill, to go the other way out of the horse shoe neighborhood we live in.
Our neighbor is out doing his driveway and I put down my window to shout Hi. This is where it happens, I go to put the window up and nothing. I drive the rest of the way(10 mile round trip) try it a few more times, unsuccessfully.
Later, my son calls to say he forgot his lunch, right as another plow goes by. Perfect, I jump in the V70 to make the delivery and the window works fine ! !
It's my belief that my car was comfortable where it was.It justdidn't what to go out in this blizzard and this was it's way of telling me so. What are your thoughts?

Old 12-16-2007, 08:07 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RE: Volvo Psyche

The master window switch is most likely going bad.

Old 12-16-2007, 10:47 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Volvo Psyche

ORIGINAL: Eric J

We are having quite a storm up here to day. 16 degrees with sideways snow.
It's my belief that my car was comfortable where it was.It justdidn't what to go out in this blizzard and this was it's way of telling me so. What are your thoughts?
Can you blame her/him/it? I moved 1000 miles to get away from that kind of weather.