General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

witness volvo strength + wheels for sale

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 07:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default witness volvo strength + wheels for sale

hey all!

sorry i havent been on much lately, i had military training pulling me away from the real world for some time.

well, ive got bad news, and maybe for somebody some good news.

bad news:

while i was away, my wifes car was in the shop, repairing some damage from some idiot backing into her car. she was leaving the repair shop, in the volvo, when another idiot, busy with this cell phone, ran a red light, and rammed into her as she was crossing an intersection. she is mostly ok, but she has whiplash, and must now go to phyiscal therapy to ensure her neck muscles heal properly (i have a consultation with a lawyer monday). the volvo is totaled. still awaiting on the insurance check to come in, so i can start the long tedius (sp) task of finding another car. the guy was going so fast thru the intersection, he ripped the frame on the drivers side. bumper across the street in the grass, the hood only attached by one spring on the passenger side and upside down, radiator folded underneath the car. its estimated he was moving about 60+mph. he was fine, his truck (a late 90's chevy dually) is not totalled, but will cost him a pretty penny to fix. all of his tires blown, windows shattered, entire passenger side body work ruined. my car still had all windows and tires in tact. had my wife not been in my 850, she would have a lot more serious injuries, as stated by the cops, the tow truck driver, and the collision repair guy.

the good news:

my wife has blown 3 tires in 3 months on her car. so before i left, i prepared for this, by putting the factory tires and wheels on the car. the 18" chrome + low prof tires are in my garage. i now have absolutely no use for them, as i dont own another volvo. i paid $1500 for the set, i would only ask $400 if somebody is interested.

some specs:

bought in november '05
<4k miles on the tires
i dont have the wheel lug-studs with them, as they were on the car still.
18" Panther Siccr Wheels
205/40/ZR18 Falken Perfomance Tires

they were on a 96 Volvo 850 Wagon, daily driver, with no rubbing issues.
this is a link to my photo album on this site, with the wheels on the car
https://volvoforums.com/albumphoto.a...Type=1&apage=2
(pictures of the wheels in garange avail on demand, via email, serious inquries)

anyways, recap, my volvo is totalled, but since the 850 is a tank, my wife was not serioiusly injured
$400 for the wheels described above (no extra for shipping)

i'll check back in a day or two, since the next 2 days im gonna be *sigh* car shopping [:'(]

if i ever figure out how to move images from my phone to the computer, i'll link up the images she took with her phone right after the accident, an sent to me while i was away. i also have some images of the volvo once it was dragged to the salvage yard, i'll post them up a little bit later (dinner is almost ready)

much love!

Old 07-29-2006, 09:42 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RE: witness volvo strength + wheels for sale

If she has Internet on here phone e-mail them to yourself.

Old 07-30-2006, 02:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much would shipping be to Michigan? Could they go on a 2000 S80 T-6? Thanks

Old 08-06-2006, 12:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry, wheels no longer for sale!

https://volvoforums.com/m_37201/mpag..._/tm.htm#37201

thats right, im back! well, once i bring it home anyways, and i'll get some pictures of the car. still havent figured out how to mail the phone pictures, workin on that one too lol