General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

XC90 AC speeds and radio glitch

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2021, 01:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XC90 AC speeds and radio glitch

I just purchased a 2017 XC90 Inscription from Carmax with 14,000 miles. I noticed two strange issues that I am being told cannot be remedied. The first is that there is zero difference in the speed of the A/C fan when going from the third to fifth upper speeds. The first speed is lowest, the next speed is slightly faster and then when hitting any of the next three speeds it is full blast with no notable difference between the top three speeds. Carmax said their tech noted the same performance on other Volvo's on the lot and that supposedly you can't hear the difference in speeds but there is a difference in pressure when using multiple vents (feet, dash and top). They confirmed this with the Volvo dealer.

The next issue is a glitch in the radio. When first turning on the vehicle and scrolling through the preset radio stations using the arrow on the steering wheel, it always gets hung up on the first four stations and will only scroll through those. I have to scroll through at least 3 times for it to finally kick itself out of the repeat and move on to other stations on the list. Carmax told me that there were no error codes on computer and they couldn't diagnose it as they couldn't replicate it, which I find odd because I was able to replicate it for the service rep when I brought it in.