Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 05:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 850

I have a 1995 850 N/A, i made an intake for it but when the MAF is plugged in it idles ruff and lags when accelorating. But when the MA is not plugged in the car does amazing big difference in acceleration , but i get the check engine light and im worried about gas milage, i was wondering what would help? any ideas?

I was thinking a MAF from a turbo but i dont know if that would make a difference

thanks??

Old 01-21-2007, 02:00 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: 850

Don't know man.

But honestly your not gaining much power if any. You may get some more throttle response. I have a 1995 850 NA with a custom exhaust and I didn't have any of these problems. What cone filter are you using? You know it could be that if it is an oiled one the oil is making the system go bad. I didn't have any problems with mine, but that is me. A few other have had problems.

The stock airbox is the best setup. I would suggest selling your intake system and getting a new panel filter. K&N or the stock paper filter.

Old 01-21-2007, 09:06 PM

Yeah so i figured it out after messin with it for a while......and i dont know what everyone is talkin about not seeing gains.....my car is alot quicker huge difference in the power band and everything its really nice. My brother has a WRX and when i got the car we would start out at about 60 on the freeway and his car would just pull away from mine, but now i can keep steady with him.

Old 01-22-2007, 01:49 AM

ORIGINAL: libsk8r777

Yeah so i figured it out after messin with it for a while......and i dont know what everyone is talkin about not seeing gains.....my car is alot quicker huge difference in the power band and everything its really nice. My brother has a WRX and when i got the car we would start out at about 60 on the freeway and his car would just pull away from mine, but now i can keep steady with him.
I bet your not even getting a 5Hp increase.

What you think is a Hp gain is just a throttle response gain.

Old 01-22-2007, 04:34 PM

either way its workin.......im not all about how much hp im going to get, ill probably never even put the car on a dyno, so to me the responses is worth it, its not like people are going to race me and be like " how much horsepower you have" Do you ask everyone that?

Old 01-22-2007, 04:39 PM

ORIGINAL: libsk8r777

either way its workin.......im not all about how much hp im going to get, ill probably never even put the car on a dyno, so to me the responses is worth it, its not like people are going to race me and be like " how much horsepower you have" Do you ask everyone that?
No I don't. I don't race period. Nor do I go to the track, because any track that is close is a drive for me to get to.

P.S.: Most "RICERS" out there if they race you will ask you how much Hp you have. That is just a typical question from them.

Old 01-24-2007, 09:02 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

If the car runs crappy with the Mass Flow connected then it is most likely bad.