New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

2018 XC90 entertainment options questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2021, 03:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 XC90 entertainment options questions

So we just bought a 2018 XC90 and can't really believe how little info there is in the manual about the entertainment system. We have several questions right away that I've given up on finding an answer to, more I'm sure waiting.

The seatback entertainment system, is it possible to use it when it's not plugged into the back of the seat? It SEEMS big enough to have a battery, but I see no sign of that. Also does it have storage internally? So i can plug in a USB drive with media on it, to import?

Secondly the main entertainment system - our old car had internal storage so we could import music, but this one doesn't seem to have that? So it can play off a USB drive, but that drive can never be removed.

There seems to be an attempt at an app store, but I see no actual apps. How do I download new apps? And is there anything decent? It seems like the music player is so bad that maybe a third party one would be better?

Is it possible to update the firmware of the car myself or can only the dealer do that?

Edit: Oh, and carplay - it seems like there is one USB port that they want you to use (because it's encircled). When using that port, one of my iPhones connects to carplay, the other doesn't. The one that doesn't is the iPhone 12 so it's not that it's too old. I wonder if it's too new and the car needs and update? I've tried multiple apple made cables. Any suggestions?

I think that sums up my questions for the moment. Thanks!

Last edited by cameronjpu; 05-30-2021 at 03:36 PM.