New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Greetings from Pennsylvania

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 08:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greetings from Pennsylvania

Hi All,

Just popped in to say hello.

I'm rather new to Volvo's...

The first one I got, quite some time ago now, was a 94 850 for the wife.. paid all of 600 dollars and had to replace the entire passenger side sheet metal, including the fender, and both doors. [It was wrecked and had the dreaded "R" title..] After that was fixed up it proceeded to run wonderfully and is approaching 200k, without any hiccups. Rock solid and great gas mileage!

This one convinced me of Volvo's durability and quality...

The second one in the family is a 91 740 Turbo my son and I are working on. He recently bought it from another friend of mine.. it was his "project car".. We had to replace a few wrong parts..but now, it runs incredible and surprises MANY people who get a "ride" in it.. [IPD turbo cam, manual boost control, 3" exhaust, & brown top injectors] My son is out making "Believers.. one person at a time", as he says.. LOL. Several of his friends are out looking for turbo cars now.

This one convinced me of Volvo's performance and handling potential..
and for so cheap!! No more 500 dollar carburetors for me!!! Thats about what my son paid for the 740.. the whole car!

It was so much fun I went out and found a 92 940 turbo on the cheap, but with some twisted problems I'll be posting in the tech forums. I'm intent on fixing it, as aside from the issue it has, it's a keeper.

I've been working on and around American cars for 30 years, but this is my first real attempt at working on both an injected car, and a Volvo.. Everything I ever had was pre-injection, pre-computer and carbuerated... and American.... [My big block Olds F85 is up for sale..**LOL**.. I'm done with it..]

I'm getting out of "American muscle cars" and into the "Swedish Muscle"... I have no intentions of looking back either..

Now there is a "7, 8 & 9" in the family.. great cars, and my daughter wants an 850 when her Ford Taurus dies...

Cheers,
Mike

Last edited by PAVolvo850; 07-15-2012 at 05:54 AM.