New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Hai thar

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 11:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hai thar

Hai thar.

First time Volvo owner, 2002 S80 T6, black on black, with 78k miles. Loving it so far.

Name:  IMG_4125-1.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  190.6 KB

Old 01-06-2012, 07:23 PM
Super Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi and welcome aboard. The holidays have drawn most folks away from the forum. Now (at least me) working to get caught up! Make yourself at home! Sweet car!

Old 01-06-2012, 08:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by swiftjustice44
Hi and welcome aboard. The holidays have drawn most folks away from the forum. Now (at least me) working to get caught up! Make yourself at home! Sweet car!
Thanks!

I've done lots of work so far! Just wanted to make this car as good as new.

First replaced the turbo inlet hose, then I Seafoamed the fuel, oil, and vacuum lines (that actually helped more than I thought it would). Then we did the timing belt, thermostat, water pump, idler, ect. I even got the fuel pump replaced for free under recall, and the Volvo dealership told me it also had a misfire when they ran a free diagnostic. So I changed all the ignition coils elsewhere and fixed that, I did an oil change a few hundred miles after that aswell. Also changed the air filter as it was looking a little dirty. Next I'm replacing the TCV myself for an IPD one that's coming in the mail on Monday or Tuesday. I'm replacing it because I'm starting to run into a weird acceleration issue that other Volvo owners are telling me is the result of a failing TCV. Also changed the link rods in the rear and control arms front and back, and all the bushings and motor mounts have also be replaced to boot. Pollen filter was annoying to replace, and I got the car detailed, rugs shampooed and everything on day 1 too.

So the car right now is pretty much in perfect mechanical condition. Looks great too, just a few scratches here and there, but it's a 10 year old car, so it's to be expected. I got a new small dent on the passenger side fender where it looks like someone opened an SUV door on it. People have no respect for others car anymore. -__-

As of now though, I'm looking to get the IPD softloader some time this year, I want more POWAH!