New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Hello from the Big Apple

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 11:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Hello from the Big Apple

New to this forum (or any forum for that matter) and not sure where to start. I haven't had a project car for....well lets say the last time I had to mail away for a J C Whitney catolog. Anyway, since I retired a few years back I have been doing the yard sale gig to keep the wife happy. A few weeks ago as she picked through someones old things and I was doing my Saturday morning "Yes dear, that will look great over the fireplace we don't have", I asked the guy running the sale if there was anything in the garage. Well, he said, just a few old rakes and some garden junk, oh yea, and an old car. BINGO, music to my ears, I love to check out old cars. As the garage door opened, I expected to see a 1990 something Ford or Chevy that his dad put in there when he couldn't drive anymore. Wrong, there it was under almost 15 years of dust, a complete 1968 P1800s. As I tried to get back on my feet and act like it was an O.K. car, I started with the stupid questions, how long has it been here, does it run (like I care) when I heard someone behind me say "I'll Take It". Thats my wife, if you like it, buy it. Flatbedded that bad boy home, put air in the tires and charged the battery. Just wanted to see if the motor turned, tapped the key and it started right up. A little work on the clutch and a few taps here and there and we went for our first cruise last night. "How sweet it is"............

Attached Thumbnails Hello from the Big Apple-002.jpg