New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Hello, I'm new here!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 05:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello, I'm new here!

Hello, my name is Gerry Acquilano, I live in Geneva, NY. I'm a car dealer, been at it for 45 years, I'm 69 and going strong. Just bought myself the nicest 2003 Volvo S80 Sedan on the planet earth. Every service stamped in the book, driven a mere 49,000 miles on dry, smooth roasds by its only 73 yr old owner from Lancaster, Pa. Serviced at each interval by the Volvo dealer there, and documented by every stamped service in the owners manual. Not a chip, not a mark, never smoked in, perfect beyond any imagination. Never out at night and only in the rain three (3) times in 49K miles!. I've looked and looked, finally fount this dream car. Original window sticker was $40,720. It is finished in Platinum Green, light beige hide, gorgeous color combination, just what I wanted.
Look forward to hearing replies about the S80 on this forum. I've sold lots of other cars (thousands!), but not many Volvos, as we have a huge used car dealer here selling only Volvos and Saabs. He never saw one like this, I'll bet on it! Nor has anyone else.
Looking forward to fun on the forum.
Gerry

Old 05-07-2008, 01:37 AM
JPN
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Hello, I'm new here!

Welcome to the forum, Sir.

>I'm 69 and going strong
That is great to hear. Make sure to follow scheduled health check-up, domoderate exercise once a while (which I don't do[8D]), eat lots of veggie & fruits, stay away from fast food & junk food, and a moderate consumption of alcoholic beverage is recommended by some. Red wine seems to be leading this trend, but I stick to The Glenlivet. Also, according to some medical findings and personal research, having things to look forward to, motivation, curiosity, personal goals, lots of laughter and w.... seem to contribute to a prolonged life expectancy.

......I should've posted this in a health or food magazine's forum.

Anyway, be sure to follow scheduled maintenance for your S80 and be sure to replace the timing belt + its pulleys + tensioner (this item may be used for 2 belt replacement intervals, but see what Moderator Tech says). Check for possible recalls, but in your case they might have already been taken care of:

http://www.autobuyguide.com/2003/12-...lls/index.html

Welcome again,

JPN

Old 05-07-2008, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome. Why can none of us ever find a gem like yours. Keep up the maintenance and enjoy.

Old 05-11-2008, 09:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome aboard.