New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Kathy Liverman

Old 07-10-2013, 03:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kathy Liverman

Hey guys I'm new to this forum and hope you can help me. I have a 1997 volvo 850 that sat for four months while I was out of town on business. In the mean time I purchase a 2013 Fusion and had decided to sale the Volvo. I have had it 2 years and never had any issues with it. It's been a great car. Just don't need it taking up space in my driveway.

Anyhow, when I returned from beach the battery to Volvo was dead and I jump stated it and drove it about 20 miles. Started up on the first try and ran as good as ever. I went to auto zone to see if they could check out my battery to see if it was any good and ending up buying a new battery. I put the new battery in the car and now it wont start.

Since this happened I have looked all over the internet to try and figure out why the no start. Boy have I learned lot. Here are things I've done to try to get it started:

Replaced fuel pump.
Checked to see if fuel relay is working by bypassing it with wire as suggested. (I didn't do this,. My brother did))
Locked and unlocked car 5 times
Lock and unlocked car 10 times
Locked car to activate alarm and reached through drivers side window to set offalarm and it did nothing. Unlocked and locked back
Checked fuses on everything and fuses are all good
Sprayed starter fluid in air filter compartment and car starts but cuts back off after a second or two.
Locked and unlock five times on driver side.

I just don't understand why a car would have run fine and then after replacing battery iit doesn't start.

Old 07-10-2013, 06:00 PM
Administrator
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Hi Kathy, welcome to the forum.

There are 5 things a car needs to start and run:
1. Fuel
2. Air
3. Spark
4. Timing
5. Compression

The first thing we need to know is, is the car cranking or not? If it's not cranking, then you have to trouble shoot one way, if it does crank, then you check things the other way.

This is a problem that needs to be trouble shot, not just toss parts at it. So, check or have someone check the items above and see what is missing.

Old 07-10-2013, 06:01 PM
Administrator
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Search this Thread