New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

New guy

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 10:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New guy

What's up guys, I'm nell, just did a random Google search and found the forum here. I have a 99 V70, just got it about 2 months ago and so far, even with its quirks, I like it a lot. This is my fifth vehicle, going from a 2000 Honda Accord (bad accident), to an 04 Ford Taurus (crapped out on me in two weeks), to an 04 Pontiac Grand Prix (now my stepmoms), to a 93 Chevy Cavalier (which I despised and sold), and now V70. Honestly, out of them all, I like the V70 the most. At first I bought it because I needed the space and utility (I like to bike and hike) and it didn't look really bad like most wagons. But now, its really grown on me. So here are some quirks, maybe you guys can help:

A/C works, but spits out freon too fast.
Randomly, the brake light may stay on overnight. Hasn't done it within the past two weeks, but its really random.
I was using premium in the car (non-turbo by the way), but now I use regular and its running even better and gets better fuel economy. Is that a problem??
Car randomly shut off once during a u turn, but only once.
Thats pretty much all I can think of....

One more question for you guys that I think you'll love to discuss. On paper, the V70 is a heavy beast and only has 140 horsepower, but judging from plenty of cars I've driven before, this feels like WAYYY more. I'd put it up near 200. Did Volvo underrate the horsepower rating or something?? Seriously, even though the Grand Prix had more off line torque, it doesn't feel nearly as strong up top, and too compare to something more in line with the V70, the Accord I had doesn't even come close. Why is that?