New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

New here.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 09:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here.

Hello everyone,
I just wanted to introduce myself as I am new here. My name is Joe, I'm just out of college working as an engineer in Pittsburgh. My current cars are a 1995 Honda Accord that I have had since high school and is my daily driven car. My other car is a 1996 BMW M3 that I purchased soon after I graduated, its in great condition but due to the weather here it has been garaged since December.
The reason I am here is...I don't expect the Honda to live forever, and I certainly make enough money that I should be driving a newer car. Based on where I live I want to have AWD, which led me to the Volvo S40. I don't plan to purchase for a few months as I still have about 6 months left on my short loan for the bimmer, but I have a reasonable down payment for a next car should I decide to go for it.
Rather than just lurking I decided to sign up so I can post here and there, but I expect most of my stay to be information gathering until I do make a decision.
I thank everyone in advance for the help and info resource!

Joe

Old 02-08-2007, 12:28 PM
JPN
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: New here.

Hello Joe,

Greetings from Chicagoland.

You're lucky that you have 2 nice cars already, as well as an engineering job. I like '95 Accord better than any other year's, that was the only year thatHonda used distinctive front bumper & factory aluminum wheels. They suddenly changed the shape of the bumper & factory wheel a bit from '96 models. The newer Accords look uglier & cheaper.

Anyway, be sure to check out the S40 section for detailed information. I drive 850, so I am not familiar with S40. Subaru seems to perform better on slippery roads, but Volvos are definitely the safest cars on the planet (often noted as "flying brick", "tank", etc...)

Enjoy!

JPN

Old 02-08-2007, 12:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New here.

Thanks
Subaru Legacy GT is another one of my options.
-Audi seems too expensive for what you get
-VW R32 golf is possible, but seems like a kids car(I know I know, I'm only 22 and calling something a kids car),
-BMW isn't know for AWD, so why pay the price for a not so fun car.
-EVO...know people who have them and love them, fast and great...but again...kid car
-STi...^ditto

Just on my search for a nice AWD car mostly for A to B transportation but with some style and driving enjoyment.