New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

new member, first volvo

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 05:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default new member, first volvo

whats up everyone, just found this site after buying my first volvo this afternoon. it's an 87 240GL, dash shows 68k but isn't rolling, and carfax/title is exempt, however last registered mileage shown was 65k in 1997, so who knows really. it starts up and runs, but it's far from perfect, but i only paid $550 and wasn't expecting a perfect car, nor did i believe it is original mileage even if the odometer was working. clean title, and from what i can see just a little rust on the drivers floor board. all the rockers, around doors trunk lid etc is 100% perfect, no rust as it should be here in Florida.

anyways, i haven't uploaded pics yet, but so far i like it. i bought it for just a daily-ish point A to B car, of which i can register with classic auto insurance like my jeep so it's ~$100 a year, which is virtually nothing to operate a car for the whole year. i currently drive my f350 dually most of the time, jeep in between, but i wanted another car cheap to insure other than my jeep. even if i put a/c in my 87 wrangler, and even with my hardtop and full hard doors with glass, it still feels like a jeep, and i wanted the "feel" of a normal car/suv/truck if that makes any sense lol.

there are a few wiring issues under the hood i need to figure out, someone on here will likely know quicker than me researching and tracing wires, but i will post a thread in the appropriate section in a bit after i upload pics. to start though, i'm going to just do things to it that won't cost me any money, like cleaning it inside and out, and cleaning up the engine bay really good. then i'll likely check/change the fluids, make sure it's running good, then register it (and get new tires, the tires on it now are completely dry rotted and not safe at all to drive on). the 4th OEM wheel is in the trunk with a flat tire, so it does have all 4 stock 14" wheels which i will be keeping, and likely either cleaning, and if they don't clean up ill just repaint them like a gray or something similar to stock.

overall i like the car so far, i love how they look without a doubt. i always liked these, i used to ride in one every single day when i carpooled to school back in 6th-8th grade, and i always liked them for some reason.

EDIT: pics below

this was a screenshot of the listing

exterior. body like i said is pretty good, said it was wrecked in the front but fenders and hood don't appear to be dented.

interior is pretty clean. i will be taking the carpet out and pressure washing it like i've done on pretty much all my cars when i buy them, just to get it as clean as possible outside the car. i have a pet peeve with nasty/dirty carpet, so this is a must lol. pressure washing carpet usually makes it a night and day difference once it's done and dry. the seats are pretty clean, ill just use my little hot water extractor on them to give them a quick clean.

Last edited by ufvj217; 10-21-2017 at 05:25 PM.
Old 10-24-2017, 07:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hello nice to meet you