New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

First Car First Volvo First Timer

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 11:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Car First Volvo First Timer

Hello everyone!

First time Volvo dude here, just wanted to introduce myself...

I have been driving for several years but recently moved and had to switch vehicles from a long-used family one. Through an odd series of events I ended up purchasing a 1994 Volvo 940 Automatic. Most people are pretty astounded when they found out what type of car I bought and perhaps it was not the wisest choice, given my relative inexperience with vehicles. The car has high mileage but had one owner and has been pretty well taken care of.

I have the 940 now, I love it, and I really want to keep it in the best shape possible. I've heard Volvo repairs are ludicrously expensive and I would like to "DIY" as much as possible. I'm certainly no mechanic, and I'm pretty much a "newb" with cars (I've done some body repair and changed the oil on my own a few times but that is it), but I have the patience to learn and the willingness to work on a project.

So, I may be posting some fairly basic car questions and maintenance queries in the 940 section, but bear with me...I'm learning and loving it!

Thanks,
volvomang

Old 08-22-2009, 04:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default newb

Welcome to "THE REALM"

Here you will find your answers....

Here you will find your fears...

HUH? what the heck am I talking about...just kidding man, congrats on your purchase. Yeah, I got that reaction from my "bad@ss", karate trained, big rig mechanic of my uncle. Yes, they are pricier to fix than others. I have a 850 Turbo wagon and as of today, with the help of guidance from"THE REALM", I found the freaking problem I had for the last month!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was my fault though. I forgot a step and I shorted a part...but found it for 10 dollars at the junk yard. Try the sponsor of this site FCPGROTON or IPD for your parts. well best wishes....

may you prosper in your 940 my son...GUEEEHHHHHUU.....I am your fatha...

Old 08-22-2009, 09:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by volvomang
Hello everyone!
I would like to "DIY" as much as possible. I'm certainly no mechanic, and I'm pretty much a "newb" with cars (I've done some body repair and changed the oil on my own a few times but that is it), but I have the patience to learn and the willingness to work on a project.

volvomang
Some on here are mechanics. Some of us are learning to be mechanics on our bricks. In the end, we learn of each other! Welcome

Old 08-22-2009, 09:57 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Somthngfrce
Some on here are mechanics. Some of us are learning to be mechanics on our bricks. In the end, we learn of each other! Welcome
That....was deep.

Old 08-23-2009, 02:13 AM
JPN
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the Dark Side....

JPN