New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

New member, never owned a Volvo before.

Old 01-26-2011, 04:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member, never owned a Volvo before.

Hello All,

Just thought I'd get into your forum, they are always good for a crack and are crammed full of good advice.
I like to get on forum for all my interests, like the one for MGF's(I have one of these for my sins, too.) also the Spank Yer Monkey site for bike track day enthusiasts/racers.

Well, I have just bought a cracking car for towing my track day trailer (basically a long caravan with the back end cut open down the middle to open, so you can sleep with your bike, cook your breakfast and work with/keep your tools and fanny about in a secure manner.)
A 1998 metallic green, near as damn it Brtitish Racing Green, Volvo S70 2.5 Auto. Bought at an absolute song of a price.

Having never owned a Volvo before and getting the usual jibes (which I have been guilty of chucking about myself, in the past......now knowing the error of my ways!!!!)........the Grandad bit etc., I was bloody surprised and pleased at the performance, both with the MPG figures and the way the old lass flew down country roads without a murmour, stopping on a sixpence, and blowing all the VTR owners into the weeds.
BLOODY MARVELLOUS..........What have I been doing all this time?
Driving half baked cars that resemble wheelie bins are just as stylish and are as much use as skip full of soiled nappies.
I once had a BMW and loved it. Now, I have one of these babies and I'm totally smitten.
WHAT HAVE I BEEN MISSING?
.......................................then I found the Sport mode, ITS LOVE!

BINGO

Old 01-26-2011, 05:24 AM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forum. So you like your new Volvo a little bit, huh!

Old 01-26-2011, 01:05 PM
Default Volvo? Love? .................................

You bet I love it, I have never had the pleasure of even riding in one, until I tried this one out. Even if everything didn't work properly, I think I would have bought it..........the ride, the pace, the feel of surety, the solid feel of the switches, the quality of the old but still sturdy leather and the looks of total dismay of all the local 'BOY' racers who scoot about in their VTR's, GSI's, and Nissan Micra's..........not to mention my my mates who seem to swear by BMW, Audi or Saab. Pulling into the drives and the comments/quips that "I have left my flat cap behind" or "plenty of room for a wheelchair or zimmer frame."
I'll show 'em all, once I have the measure of this new beast.....................I always do!
Well, with R6's, Blades, ZX6's and the rest.........particularly round Cadwell Park, Lincolnshire.

Old 02-06-2011, 02:42 PM
Cool V70man

Hi buddy! At last! a volvo owner and a biker all rolled into one! I have had BMW'S/JAGUARS/MERCS but my V70 170 just laughs at them.... as for bikes i have had a few.. a blade/gsxr1000/honda 600RR super sport.
My wife says i will never grow up! But i don't want to!!!! not ready...