New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

New V60 Owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2021, 05:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New V60 Owner

Hey everyone, my name is Dennis and about a month ago I purchased a new 2021 V60 R-Design in Bursting Blue Metallic, had to go all the way from OH to NV to get it cuz I'm not a huge fan of blackwhitegraysilver cars which is practically all you see anymore, so I had to have something a little more different and unique. I just happened to be searching online and it popped up, and I just had to have it, so grabbed a one-way plane ticket, spent a couple days in Vegas sightseeing, and drove it back here to central Ohio over the next 3 days, kept it in Eco mode the whole way and got 30+ mpg, awesome!

Brief history of the car, it was a demo/loaner for the dealership, so it had over 4,000 miles, but they gave me a good deal given the current market, it had no visible wear and tear inside or out, and it has every available option, so totally worth it. I absolutely love this car. I've driven almost nothing but Subarus over the last couple decades but wanted to move upmarket a bit, and this is the perfect replacement vehicle. I'm looking forward to getting more involved in the Volvo community and learning as much as I can about these great vehicles. Funny note, my newest car prior to this is 15 years old, so infotainment and driver assistance aids are completely new concepts to me, but I'm a smart techie who learns fast, so I'm getting the hang of it. I just love some of the cool features, both obvious and not so much, about this particular car. Here is a picture of Hammer, as I call it (not sure yet if it is a he or she :-P):

Question: I see several forums dedicated to Volvo, started with this one cuz it's in vBulletin which I'm most familiar with, but I also see swedespeed, volvo-forums, and volvoforum. I'll probably also join swedespeed because... speed lol, but what other forums are members here part of or recommend as worth joining?

I look forward to getting to know more of you guys and gals etc. Thanks for reading!