New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 08:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie

Good evening all.

Just going to give a brief intro of the vehicles I own. I am mechanically incline and try and do as much work myself. But I do know when I would be over my head and best to take it to my garage.

First the 2003 Volvo S40 and the reason I'm here. A vehicle we had for a while but sat in the garage for about year and a half. We kept it because we thought it would be a good vehicle for my eldest (who is able to drive now) through high school and then pass it on to my youngest next year. Well we finally got it fixed with new timing belt and while there had all pulleys and tensions replaced. Headlights kept burning out and found out needed a new circuit board/module. And what I wasn't suspecting were the upper shock towers were rusted out and them replaced as well as new shocks. Well after it got back up and running to pass inspection, I think the gremlins invaded my car. Now the speedometer works when it wants to (thinking it is just sensors), the gas gauge will read full but go to empty on a half a tank (thinking sending unit needs replaced). And the last is the auto door locks work only sometimes (when they do work it's like an unexpected present). So that is why I'm here to search the forum for answers.

I also have a 2009 Ford flex that had a water pump go in December. Yep got to love the integral water pump. Yep, lets have a hair thickness gasket separate coolant from oil. What a brilliant idea. Well its still running and the oil still looks good. Might have got lucky on this one.

Third vehicle is 2010 Ford F 150 Super Crew. I just got this back from the shop yesterday with new cab corners and rocker panels, inspection and tires. Luckily I haven't experienced any rust on the body and now it doesn't look like its 8 years old.

Last but not least is a 2005 Yamaha Road Star. All I needed was a new battery and its good. Seems that this has been my most reliable mode of transportation.
Wow, just typing this I just realized I spent a whole bunch of money on vehicles over the past 6 months. Maybe I should look into that thing called public transportation? Naaa - I like my vehicles.

Well anyways, I'm here to search and conquer the gremlins on the S40. If I can't find what I'm looking, I'll post and someone send me in the right direction.

Thanks again for having us.