New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Newbie needs a new pair of shoes

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 05:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie needs a new pair of shoes

Hey all, I just bought a used 2003 S60 AWD last week... first "real" ownership of aVolvo I guess you could say, however my first car when I was in highschool was a brown 82 240 DL . I'm a young buyer with safety of family in mind, and Volvo was who I came crying to.... anyway. baby needs a new pair of shoes. being up in Alaska I am going to buy two sets of tires, one for summer and studded snow tires for winter (I already have the winters picked out) but my question is if anyone had any yay's or boo's about summer tires... I've looked on tirerack.com which has been very helpful, but just poking my head in here for a Volvo owner perspective on the subject. If you like or hate your tires let me know please!!!

Thanks!

Old 02-13-2007, 02:11 AM
JPN
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Newbie needs a new pair of shoes

Greetings from snowing Chicagoland.

As for tyres, I'll just write up my prejudice. As far as the mfg goes, I usually go with Bridgestone. Bridgestone is the largest tyre mfg in Japan, and the quality is pretty much guaranteed, though they come at a price. Bridgestone also makes tyres for large jet planes, such as B747, Airbus A340, etc... Their Blizzak snow tyres seem to be the major competitor against Nokia. As for summer tyres, I usually use V-rated all-season tyres.

Currently my 850 has Yokohama A550V and they are good tyres (all-season, M+S). You might want to
stick with name brands, rather than some generic cheapo from cheap labour countries.

Ask same question in the S60 section, you'll getmore accuratereplies there.

Good luck,

JPN