New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Newbie from NZ

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 11:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie from NZ

Heya,

Though I better start by joining a form seeing as I've bought a Volvo and might need some advice with it

2010 V50 T5 AWD
Auto ( 6 speed are rare here )
Jap Import
Stage 0 - complete
ICM and DIM updated to English

Currently very happy with the car, have been abit heavy with right foot though but its fun, and for all those that complain about changing the cabin air filter in LHD versions the RHD is worse, well mine was anyway, required the removal of the main fuse bank and interface under the glove box to be able to access the panel, but its done and everythings working well, and while I was at it i removed all the Jap stuff that is useless here, ie ECT unit, GPS unit and phone unit that came with the Pioneer Raku Navi system, this cant be updated.

I've left the monitor in place and will explore hooking up a raspberry PI to it and see if i can a decent MMI going.

One last thing anyone in Canterbury NZ that needs the DIM and ICM changed message me, I have Vida, DiCE and also software to change the settings, only issue is currently that to change the regional settings ie from Jap frequency to AU/NZ i need a CEM Pin code which is eluding me, any help on that will be great.

Once I work out how to upload pics and set up my garage i'll post some pics of the filter change and also the Dash updates.

Cheers

Old 09-04-2018, 10:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome!
I was wondering how did the import process for you go? I hear horror stories pretty often, and I'm even considering a US import instead possibly.