Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

HERE YOU GO GUYS MY VOLVO W/T-70

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 12:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HERE YOU GO GUYS MY VOLVO W/T-70

If you get a chance, will you post a pic of the entire engine bay? Also is your car auto or manual? What other upgrades have you done to make this work? Fuel, comp. etc? Where are you located? 12's shouldn't be a problem as long as you have good traction. LSD?

Old 06-14-2005, 01:13 PM

Yea ill take some more pics of everything tonight and post up the whole bay. My car is automatic with no other upgrades really. Stock everything so far. I had to remove the oil filter stuff and relocate it to the wheel well as you can see, due to the wastegate that hangs under there. No needed upgraded fuel do to the fact I run rich *** poo. Im in san antonio tx. I dont think i have lsd havent really been able to do a burn out yet. waiting on the right time i guess. The only real thing done was porting the manifold a bit bigger and finding a t-70 with a t3 flange. Other than that everything else is fabrication work and lots of it. Oil lines are the real pain and the threat of losing your ac is a real threat. Ill take more pics of the exhaust and other things I havent shown yet and post up. Let me know what your drivin and how yours is doing.

Old 06-14-2005, 01:57 PM

I have a 94 850 turbo wagon R clone. I bought the car with the R wheels. Upgrades include IPD computer and exhaust, Eibach springs and Bilstein shocks and an HID headlight upgrade with new lenses and housings. Unfortunately this car is auto and FWD, two things I hate, but I have always loved the way this model looks and when I found one cheap with tinted windows, blk on blk and the rims, I couldn't pass it up. I really love driving this car and it looks amazing. I want to get a lot more power, but I am fighting myself on whether I should spend the time and money on a car that is auto and fwd. If you care to see pics of mine, http://homepage.mac.com/firelightent/PhotoAlbum3.html

Also take a look at this one. Most ridiculously sick volvo I have ever seen
http://www.turbobricks.com/feature.p...tent=spring_05

Old 06-14-2005, 03:49 PM
Administrator

wow..that car is sick!

Old 06-16-2005, 07:01 PM
reg
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was wondering about your automatic transmission also. It sounds like you have built the engine but forgot about the trans and the brakes......................... You have to be able to stop with the same consideration that you put into making it go fast. Lastly, do you think the top end will be different without changing gearing and does Volvo have a limiter in their computer for the top end? At any rate, that certainly is a sleeper....................good to see that!!!

Old 06-16-2005, 09:03 PM
Administrator

my parents 240 tranny has been so bad, im surprised that the trans will hold up

Old 06-16-2005, 09:12 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

My buddies trans held up for a while running 13.50 with nitrous pushing it.

Old 06-18-2005, 02:28 PM

I dont worry about the tranny that much or the brakes thats what down shifting is for. Yes top end has gotten a lot more fun although i dont know how fast im going due to no speedometer. But i know im going pretty damn fast when i cant see light poles anymore and the suspension of the car feels like it wants to come out from under itsself. I think i posted it here on just a 2psi pull form entrance ramp to off ramp about 300 ft pulled me up to 80-85 so i know this turbo is making the power. Also when i down shift the auto it boosts even faster and its just rediculous. The motor is not built its stock 300,000 miles on it and still pulling hard. I love it and and I love how it sounds. I dont know about a limiter. All i know is im not afraid to push it and push it i shall.
PUSH IT TILL YOU SEE GOD, THEN BRAKE!!

Old 06-23-2005, 06:02 PM
Administrator

thats one crazy freakin volvo....

Old 06-24-2005, 06:02 PM

Yea my car is pretty sick went and tried to top it but i couldnt even do that. I dont know how fast im going but a little z24 thought i was trying to race it and came along side me. Long story short he hit his speed govenor and i still had more throttle. Im now pushing 10psi straight through at only about 85% throttle. The other night was fun just crusing around opening it up here and there until i got clipped as i was ending the night. So there needs to be some body repair this weekend unfortunatly. But 2 days of work at the max and she'll be back out in the street. Oh yea I also fired the water pump. But that was fixed last night. so tonight ill be bringing her home for repairs. Ill post pics of what happens when idiots drive.

Old 07-18-2005, 01:24 AM

Alright guys im gonna do some crazy stuff for a bit to track up and get some numbers. Im gonna upgrade the intercooler and make it front mount, remove the other side lights and custom out some round 6" rally lights with sheet metal. Im buying a water/meth injection system from a friend for 100 bucks tuesday. So hopefully I can have everything redone and in working order within a few weeks. Rady to be trailered out to the track and abuse it a little before i decide to slang her off. It will be sold with another complete motor oil pan to the head. B230ft if anyone is interested. After I put some numbers out ill let everyone know. Ill put out a list of upgrades and stuff pretty soon. Most of you guys who talk to me in here already know what ive got. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Old 07-22-2005, 02:16 PM
Administrator

i would like some new pics whenever you get a chance...

i have embarked on my first forced induction car, but it is not a volvo..its a whole new world compared to my NA dodge...

Old 07-27-2005, 06:43 PM

All I can say is what a ***** brick.

Old 07-28-2005, 09:49 PM

say uh brick, how bout i buy a t-70 then you stop by for a weekend or so and install it for me? all this talk of burning z24s and such makes me want to cry with my little b5234 t3 engine.

Old 07-30-2005, 07:14 PM

Sorry i havent been on here lately been workin my *** off trying to make money to cover every stupid little thing i do. SO hoefully if stops raing here for a weekend try and get stuff finished and get out to the track. I have to fab up a oil return though cause mine now sux the big one and leaking everywhere. I miss my car so bad and want to get it out to the track before selling it. Once i fix the return ill end up trailering it out there the way it is and run it. Sometime soon i should be out getting some numbers for you guys. Im about done street racing since i dont have a fast car anymore so ehhh. Get yall some numbers soon
peace out

Old 07-30-2005, 10:05 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Get a peice of the heavy duty rubber line with the braided steel on the outside.Then cut your return pipe and extend and add the angles you need.

I have seen it done many times and works great.