North East ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

Inskip Volvo Warwick

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 08:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inskip Volvo Warwick

Anyone know why Inskip is no longer a Volvo dealer? I liked their service department - I heard Tasca in Cranston is now a Volvo dealer

Does anyone know if my service records are online with Volvo?

Old 01-10-2009, 07:03 PM
Default RE: Inskip Volvo Warwick

My understanding is that it was Inskip's decision to drop the agency. I guess they weren't moving enough cars to justify the costs. They never seemed to have much in new car inventory. And of course they have a good number of other luxury marques dealerships on their Warwick/West Warwick campus that were probably more profitable. BTW, Tasca's Volvo dealership is not new; they just moved it from Seekonk to Cranston, perhaps to take advantage of Inskip's closing. The only two other extant RI Volvo dealerships are in Pawtucket and Newport.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:22 PM
Default Steingold Volvo

Steingold Volvo recently took control of the entire Providence, RI Market. Rhode Island had way to many dealers given the close proximity; Volvo Corporate simply gave the strongest dealers the opportunities - With Tasca agreeing to move to Cranston, they will serve that part of the state much better. Steingold Volvo is also doubling its size - They will add 10 technician bays to account for the influx of clients and reface the entire existing building with new lots, a brand-new showroom, and additional parking - from what I understand, when Steingold is finished with their construction, they will be the strongest dealer in Rhode Island.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:42 PM

Judging from my one visit to Steingold a year ago, they have got a long way to go. Their dealership was small and shabby, and the salesman I drew was stupid beyond all belief. I wanted to buy an S40 and he insisted on trying to sell me an S80. I walked out and never went back. It is too bad that Inskip decided to drop their franchise. The other three remaining RI dealerships all leave a lot to be desired.

Old 03-01-2009, 11:38 AM

Hmm that doesn't sound like them to me at all - I've bought my last 5 Volvo's from Steingold - I deal direct with the owners, The Bernardo Family - seems like they have the strongest knowledge of the brand than any other dealer around - I can't wait to check it out after the upgrades - from what I hear it's going to be quite extensive - I wouldn't even think twice about visiting any other dealer around