Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Anything Goes.

?????????????????

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 11:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ?????????????????

What did Santa put under your tree?

Old 12-24-2007, 11:34 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RE: ?????????????????

NOTHING!!

Old 12-25-2007, 12:15 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a sneaking suspicion my wife put most of the presents under the tree, but I haven't confronted her about it yet... After I see what they all are maybe I'll ask...

Old 12-25-2007, 01:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got an 80GB ipod, and a new LL bean backpack.........Now I just need to get to work on getting my 250+ cds on the computer, and I need to get back to Montana so I can go on a hike

Old 12-25-2007, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

$200 gift card to Dick's Sporting Goods. University of Louisville jacket. Some sweats and cologne (I guess I stink).

Old 12-25-2007, 04:52 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Look what Santa brought my Son
Name:  Picture021.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  28.6 KB

Name:  Picture022.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  44.7 KB

Old 12-26-2007, 07:48 AM
JPN
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Santa stalled in the air and came down the chimney and broke his back, I'll see him next year[8D].

JPN

Old 12-26-2007, 09:48 AM

My wife is very creative and she made a couple of cool things for my desk at the office... Since it's Christmas, I thought I'd brag about her a little bit.

Altoids Tin Album - http://scrapbookideas.wordpress.com/...ess-gift-idea/(you have to scroll down a little bit to see the tin/album)
4x6 Calendar - http://scrapbookideas.wordpress.com/...ade-christmas/(the third topic is the calendar she made - this is pretty cool to have a small desk calendar at work that she made with pictures of the family).

Old 12-26-2007, 10:43 AM

ORIGINAL: tech

NOTHING!!
You have our 'Presents' all year long.

Old 12-26-2007, 10:44 AM

ORIGINAL: 99VolvoV70

I have a sneaking suspicion my wife put most of the presents under the tree, but I haven't confronted her about it yet... After I see what they all are maybe I'll ask...
Don't tell the little ones.

Old 12-26-2007, 10:54 AM

ORIGINAL: zmontgomery

I got an 80GB ipod, and a new LL bean backpack.........Now I just need to get to work on getting my 250+ cds on the computer, and I need to get back to Montana so I can go on a hike
Nice, That should keep you so busy, you won't have time to back country.

Old 12-26-2007, 11:11 AM

ORIGINAL: jks2

$200 gift card to Dick's Sporting Goods. University of Louisville jacket. Some sweats and cologne (I guess I stink).
Don't spend it all on bullets ! And keep using the cologne.

Old 12-26-2007, 11:13 AM

ORIGINAL: tech

Look what Santa brought my Son

Oh great, guess who will have to fix them !

Old 12-26-2007, 11:16 AM

ORIGINAL: JPN

Santa stalled in the air and came down the chimney and broke his back, I'll see him next year[8D].

JPN

It must have something to do with the Aerodynamic Coefficients of a fat man in a sleigh pulled by 8 reindeer. Do you have any thoughts on that?

Old 12-26-2007, 11:18 AM

My wife is very creative and she made a couple of cool things for my desk at the office... Since it's Christmas, I thought I'd brag about her a little bit.

Altoids Tin Album - http://scrapbookideas.wordpress.com/...ess-gift-idea/(you have to scroll down a little bit to see the tin/album)
4x6 Calendar - http://scrapbookideas.wordpress.com/...ade-christmas/(the third topic is the calendar she made - this is pretty cool to have a small desk calendar at work that she made with pictures of the family).

These are the kind of gifts that keep giving, I feel happy for you.
(You didn't even have to mention the new C30 she gave you !)

Old 12-26-2007, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys are not going to believe this. I make beef jerky fairly often, so I bought an electric meat slicer myself. My wife wrapped it and put it under the tree. And that's all I got! I will NOT forget this next year. I bought her two thougtful gifts too. Next year, it's "go buy yourself something and I'll wrap it up and give it to you". I'm also the one who went out and bought all the gifts for the kids. She did buy the toys for the Grandkids thoug.

Then on Christmas morning, she starts telling me how depressed she is and boo hooing about everything under the sun. Totally bummed me out, and I'm still bummed out, and I'm off work so I have to sit around here. Nobody showed u[ to help me frame the basement either. I'm seriously thinking about taking off and say see you sometime next week before I got back to work. Just don't know where the heck to go.

Which one of you guys live closest to me? I know it's not JPN that's for sure.

Old 12-26-2007, 06:30 PM
JPN

ORIGINAL: Eric J

ORIGINAL: JPN

JPN

It must have something to do with the Aerodynamic Coefficients of a fat man in a sleigh pulled by 8 reindeer. Do you have any thoughts on that?
The guy was overweight of course, and the C.G has shifted to far too aft, and the AOA exceeded the max pitch (nose-up) limit and then stalled. It was an unrecoverable stall, as the reindeer were quite upset of pulling the fat guy and being abused, so they decided to go into a spiral. The guy fell off the sleigh in the air. They'll take the guy to the court to challenge him for an Animal Rights deal.

.....[8D]

Eric, you are quite an encouragement & motivator kind of guy, very clever indeed......

JPN

Old 12-26-2007, 07:54 PM

ORIGINAL: JimKW

You guys are not going to believe this. I make beef jerky fairly often, so I bought an electric meat slicer myself. My wife wrapped it and put it under the tree. And that's all I got! I will NOT forget this next year. I bought her two thougtful gifts too. Next year, it's "go buy yourself something and I'll wrap it up and give it to you". I'm also the one who went out and bought all the gifts for the kids. She did buy the toys for the Grandkids thoug.

Then on Christmas morning, she starts telling me how depressed she is and boo hooing about everything under the sun. Totally bummed me out, and I'm still bummed out, and I'm off work so I have to sit around here. Nobody showed u[ to help me frame the basement either. I'm seriously thinking about taking off and say see you sometime next week before I got back to work. Just don't know where the heck to go.

Jim, You wrote on 12/15 in this thread>>>>>>> https://volvoforums.com/m_85896/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm
“Everybody is invited to my house the week after Christmas. Bring your own hammer. I'm framing the basement.” I write: “we'll drive west to JimKW's and work for leftovers.”Capeman writes: “Thinking of using the "Gotta go help a friend frame a basement" excuse to get out of it.” Even JPN might have made it with: “Or two.”

We were all ready to come down with our hammers. Maybe if someone were to make a separate post titled “Beef Jerky Party-Bring your Tools” It may not be to late.

I’m just a little worried about you alone with your wife and a meat slicer (We have all heard of death by a thousand cuts)
Jim’s wife: But I just got that tatoo!
Jim: Hold still dear!It won’t take that long to get to your shoulders !

Old 12-26-2007, 09:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Eric J

These are the kind of gifts that keep giving, I feel happy for you.
(You didn't even have to mention the new C30 she gave you !)
Yeah, that C30 was more of an afterthought anyway. The funny thing is that she actually asked me today if I were to replace my Eclipse (daily driver), would I get a Volvo for myself so that I could continue to have a reason to go on this forum? The odd thing is that I do enjoy this forum so much that my next new car for myself will probably be a Volvo - but I'm going to try to keep the Eclipse running as long as possible.

Old 12-27-2007, 05:02 AM
JPN

ORIGINAL: JimKW

Don't be so sure yet, you never know[8D]. I could be one of your closest neighbours acting as if I'm actuallyfrom Japan and waiting formy opportunity to spray paint your sweet yellow T5-R in metallic pink....or combat mosaic....or church-quality stained glass patterns.....

.....and I am actually stuck in Japan, damn.

I don't believe it.

JPN