Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Anything Goes.

Good Independent mechanic - Chicago

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 09:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Independent mechanic - Chicago

I am in need of a good independent mechanic in Chicago.
I have a V70 that needs to be looked at ASAP.

Any referrals would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by sleech; 04-28-2010 at 09:47 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:36 PM

I bought a 99 S70 and needed a Volvo mechanic throughout my search and actually used this guy and he was great. He actually came to all the places and private sellers I was looking at on his own time and inspected all the cars. He works from home or comes to you. He is honest and a straightforward guy who knows his Volvos. Glad I found him. He ran VIN numbers for me ahead of time and everything.

I should mention that he is located on the West Side right where the Edens and Kennedy split, but like I said he will travel if you need him to. He inspected a S40 for me in Austin and looked at an S70 in Lincolnwood and looked at the one I ended up buying in Bucktown at Western and Fullerton.

He has posted on here a few times but his e-mail is volvochicago@live.com

I made an account on this site just to spread the word on him.

Old 12-29-2015, 12:15 AM
Default Volvo Mechanic Chicago area

If you hate good service and enjoy over paying repair shops and the dealers this is not the place for you stop reading ! .The costumer service at Private Volvo Mechanic are 2nd to none . He will walk you through the hole car repair process and explain to you the issue that you are having and he will not talk you down like most places do .Private Volvo Mechanic i did try him after I was reading and researching volvo mechanic I was reading all this postings online all around about him so I tried it . And all i can say he is fantastic Volvo Mechanic . I highly recommened him over any dealership or mechanic in Chicago area . His contact info volvochicago@live.com try for your self worth it !

Old 01-13-2016, 09:15 PM
Default Volvo mechanic Chicago

Originally Posted by sleech
I am in need of a good independent mechanic in Chicago.
I have a V70 that needs to be looked at ASAP.

Any referrals would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance.

I live quite a distance from private volvo mechanic Chicago and could have transferred my car's service closer to home, after I tried His service it's worth the drive to be treated so well . The repair and prices, service was great he fixed all problems to perfection . To me is Well worth the drive! Dealerships close to my home don't compare with his quality I used to spent lot money in other dealers but was never that happy like with Private Volvo mechanic Chicago . I used private volvo mechanic Chicago and I was very happy that found him online here and I tried him and can say very good volvo mechanic I was very happy with him
His contact volvochicago@live.com

Old 01-13-2016, 09:17 PM
Super Moderator
Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by chicago1234
I used private volvo mechanic Chicago and I was very happy that found him online here and I tried him and can say very good volvo mechanic I was very happy with him
His contact volvochicago@live.com
Weird. You have the same IP address as "jeffvolvo". Sounds like you are plugging yourself.

Old 01-13-2016, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by ES6T
Weird. You have the same IP address as "jeffvolvo". Sounds like you are plugging yourself.

Well I write in his waiting room on his internet so If I have to review from my home pc let me know I like to review him de deserves what he does for me and my volvo.

Old 01-13-2016, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by ES6T
Well I write in his waiting room on his internet so If I have to review from my home pc let me know I like to review him de deserves what he does for me and my volvo.