Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Anything Goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes I would
87.50%
No I wouldn't
12.50%
Not sure
0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Regional section in the site would you use it?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 12:32 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Regional section in the site would you use it?

I am trying to get the Admin. to add a Regional section to the site.
This way it would give people in the specific regions a section to chat.
They could also plan Meets for their area as well.

Leave your comments.

Old 09-15-2007, 12:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Regional section in the site would you use it?

I would love to get together with responsible and mature people. Ones that still know how to have a good clean time too.

I went to an impromptu car meet about 2 weeks ago. Basically a few good modded cars showed up (I was the only one with a volvo, that rocks )

Most of the night everyone crouwed around two guys who were arguing about showing the other up.

Which consisted of them saying who can get to the end of an incomplete mile first. ( in my opinion that isnt racing, its professional benchmarking)

And then also apparently one of the Barton twins showed up and thats when i left. No self respecting car enthusiast i think should give those two the time of day.

The only reason they are famous is cause they are twins with sizeable racks. one has a sub modded integra, and the other a more modded supra, which they wouldnt even have as modded as they do if it wasnt for the media attention break they got.

Old 09-15-2007, 03:17 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't think it would be useful at all.

We don't have that many members on here and the ones that are frequent poster are all over the place.

Also I have tried multiple times and so has a another member to get people to go to meets and it is a big flop.

IMO not worth it.

Great idea, but not worth it.

Old 09-15-2007, 03:19 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

We will see how it works out.
I have seen it on many forums and work really good there as well.
Hopefully it will work good here as well.

Old 09-15-2007, 03:34 PM

i will be honest ive been a part of all that before, and its not easy to do, or pull together, but when its done, it totally gets the morale and membership higher.

Old 09-15-2007, 03:56 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the idea of just knowing where people are and if anyone's near by. I'm not big on car meets (I'm not sure most Volvo drivers are), but that's mainly because I haven't ever modded my cars - I just try to maintain them. There's not much to see under my hood(s) except a dirty engine that somehow continues to run despite my efforts.

What might be useful for someone like me is if there were actually people near by who could share knowledge and labor helping each other out with car repairs and maintenance. Most of my friends are less experienced than I am working on cars, so I could benefit from a knowledgable person near by who could help with the diagnosis. And since I enjoy working on my cars, I'd be glad to help someone else out if they were able to help me out. Just a thought, as a possible secondary application to a regional forum.

Old 09-16-2007, 08:25 PM

are you kidding,

Track days, fun meets, getting together and sharing stories. thats what a club is all about. and so what if your car isnt modded, do it anyway. even on a drag stip, my friend has a ford ranger, and got a reaction time of .02. Now that is something you can brag about.

and what is best is it can give this forum the sorely needed stuff of extra general chit chat. community and all.

Old 09-16-2007, 09:50 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: TheSteelKnight

are you kidding,
No, I'm trying to be honest... At this point, married with a 1-yr-old son, I don't see myself having time to go to a track meet. It might be fun, but there's just too many other things that I have to get done. Although, now that I'm thinking about it, in a few years, when we're a little more settled in our house and my son is old enough to appreciate it, it would definitely be fun and worthwhile to take him to an event like that.

I do also enjoy the extra general chit chat since I can do that from work or quickly before bed.

Old 09-17-2007, 01:04 AM

It's just fun to see what others have done to their cars. I took my stock car to a local car club meet yesterday, and there were some hot cars (European cars and imports do not mix lol).

It's really pretty interesting putting a face to the name.

Edit: S70 is right though. This forum is simply too slow to have a good group for a meet. Seems like the most people you'd get would be 5 people.

But I think the florida guys should definetely do some weekend/lunch meets.

Old 09-17-2007, 10:35 AM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I mean I have coordinated a few Volvo meets since I got my 1999 s70 awd. Even on bigger forums like Volvospeed, TurboBricks and Swedespeed it isn't easy. It is easier then it would be here but it isn't easy by any means.

Old 09-20-2007, 11:47 AM

It would not be a bad idea. Especially for looking for parts or someone to help work on a car.

Nick