Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Anything Goes.

Wernicke's Encephalopathy - Korsakoff's Syndrome

Old 01-05-2013, 10:02 AM
Administrator
Default Wernicke's Encephalopathy - Korsakoff's Syndrome

To whom finds this thread in a web search. Yes a Volvo forum website is a strange place to find medical information Wernicke's Encephalopathy and Korsakoff's Syndrome (WKS) but I'm a Volvo guy so you get what you get. When my wife was ill and I had no idea what was wrong with her, I took her to her doctor and to the ER in a Volvo 960 sedan, so here is as good as place of any for you to find me on this site.

If you found this thread as a result of a web search, I'm sorry that you did, likely you have a loved one that has suffered the tragady of this illness. On November 16, 2009 I took my wife to the doctor because she was not well, soon we were at the ER and a few hours after that she was admitted. It took the hospital staff about 48 hours to determine that she had Wernicke's Encephalopathy. A few days after that we were ejected from the hospital after being told there was nothing else they could do. A few days later my wife's neurologist told me that my wife had 4 to 6 weeks to live and I was told NOT to take her home (he never had a survivor). Well, it's been over 3 years and my wife is doing very well with her Korsakoff's dementia, that is, with my daily care. She is doing so well that I am able to safely leave her for a few hours at a time, once or twice per day. This was NOT the case early on.

I decided to post this link to let you know that I have several video's on YouTube and there is a closed FaceBook group that you can join to get some support and other information to help you emotionally. If you'd like, you can private message me and I am willing to help you in any way possible. Again, sorry you had to find this thread, I wish you the best.

Sincerely, Robert

Last edited by rspi; 01-05-2013 at 10:07 AM.