Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Anything Goes.

Who can Photoshop?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 10:21 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Who can Photoshop?

Who can photoshop or create signature pics?

I am going to need a new one soon and was looking for help to make one.

Also thinking maybe someone or a few people might be willing to help other members that would need it to make one.

Either help someone work through making it or willing to just make it for the member.

Anyone willing feel free to let us all know.

Thanks to those who can and will help.

Old 02-22-2009, 12:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can, that's what I do for a living is use photoshop everyday for my advertising. PM me and I'll send you my email address to send the pictures too. Also if you can give me a general idea of what you would like that can point me in the right direction.

Old 02-22-2009, 06:58 AM
Administrator

I will do that soon just trying to get a few more pics today after washing both cars.
Thank You!!

Old 02-22-2009, 08:09 AM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used Microsoft Paint to do my signature. Took me quite some time to get it down to the right size. Somebody who does it for a living sounds like the right person. My son has done mine in the past, but he has been too busy so I just played around enought to figure it out. Lots of resizing of pictures and cutting and pasting.

Old 02-22-2009, 08:11 AM
Administrator

I have tried paint many times but everytime I try to resize the pics gets funky and I get pissed and give up.

Old 02-22-2009, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used Microsoft office picture manager Resize option to get the picture down to size without doing any stretching and skewing. Then I copied it from there and pasted it in Paint. Once I got it pasted in paint I would try to avoid and stretching or skewing cause that's what really messed the piture up. Like I said I messed with it for quite some time and just gave up a few times and then came back to it. I would really like to replace the yellow car with one of the new pictures, but don't feel like messing with it right now.

Old 02-22-2009, 08:34 AM
Administrator

I hear you I just gave up all together and was looking for someone to do it for me!! LOL

Old 02-22-2009, 09:32 AM

MS Paint is extremely limited. I can drop layer after layer after layer in Photoshop or do just about anything you want. I'll get you all taken care of! You all help me with my tech questions and I have no problem helping you all out with the stuff I can do! Actually I will enjoy doing them and be able to add them to my portfolio anyway. So it's a win win situation all the way around. I can upload some sigs I've done later or check out the main banners on www.yamahaoftroy.com . I did the main banners and all the images on that site (where I work). Disreguard some of the cheesy main product images, I just do what the boss asks

Old 02-22-2009, 09:35 AM
Administrator

I will send you some pics later today after all the cars are washed and cleaned.

I just want something like what I have just with updated pics. Both of the cars have changed quite a bit since the last sig was made.

Old 02-22-2009, 09:39 AM

By the way. Don't worry about the PM just send the images and your ideas to xtremeunlimited@gmail.com . Let me know after you send them so I can get in there and start on them. Also, if you are wanting to make one yourself I can help you out all I can, but I don't mind putting them together for you either.

Old 02-22-2009, 09:42 AM
Administrator

You typed your message as I was writing a PM so just ignore the PM. LOL

Old 02-25-2009, 03:23 PM

I like Photoshop for putting together, layering, adding affects...but editing is murder. Photoshop was a mini-course in the tech class I'm taking at my high school (and the one I'm sitting in right now bored b/c I've already done all the work) and I had to do the Invisible Man thing that was famous a while ago...it nearly drove me insane. So, I applaud your ability to work with Photoshop that much Killa Cam.

Old 02-25-2009, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by BlazeS70
I like Photoshop for putting together, layering, adding affects...but editing is murder. Photoshop was a mini-course in the tech class I'm taking at my high school (and the one I'm sitting in right now bored b/c I've already done all the work) and I had to do the Invisible Man thing that was famous a while ago...it nearly drove me insane. So, I applaud your ability to work with Photoshop that much Killa Cam.
Thank you. Yeah, I took 3 classes on it in College and then just years of trial-n-error afterwards have gotten me to where I am pretty proficient in Photoshop. Personally I liked Fireworks much better before Macromedia sold out to the Adobe Giants. I used to do most everything in Fireworks but there are some limitations that make Photoshop better from graphic editing. I just recently upgraded from Photoshop 7 to CS4 so I'm working out some of the kinks in the new layout, etc. I might just go back to my old Photoshop 7, Illustrator 10, and Fireworks MX and kick it my old shcool way. So far I have found no advantages to PS CS4 -vs- 7 other then it looks cooler...lol

Old 02-25-2009, 07:54 PM

I can photoshop. Just send me the pictures and it will be done.
Any way, do I get paid doing that?

Old 02-25-2009, 09:19 PM

I've only worked Photoshop Extended CS3 I believe. I don't do that much photo-editing anyway...

Old 02-25-2009, 09:20 PM

Tech,

Check your PM's and email.

Cam

Old 02-25-2009, 09:37 PM
Administrator

Did and replied THANKS!!!

Old 02-27-2009, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by tech
Did and replied THANKS!!!
Check your emails again. I will get you a few more desgins over soon also.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by kwasiken
Any way, do I get paid doing that?
Are you serious? Isn't the wealth of knowledge these folks provide you with enough?

Old 03-02-2009, 07:00 AM

killa cam i also used to work with fireworks, and am fairly proficient in fireworks MX , yet i could not tell you how to use photoshop. but since there is no more fireworks, then i may just have to get good at photoshop, although i do not really want to spend 700 on it haha.

Quick Reply: Who can Photoshop?