Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Anything Goes.

Wiring Issue 1986 740 TURBO Fuel Injection Harness

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 10:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring Issue 1986 740 TURBO Fuel Injection Harness

First, let me thank you all for the great information and research shared here. Now here is my problem and I have caused it by replacing a harness to the injectors due to the wire issues in this year that crumble. I found a good harness in the Junk Yard and it is out of an 87 turbo wagon. I looked hard and drove a million miles to get it but it is not exact and I was in hopes it might work with some minor changes.
I couldn't find an 86 Volvo to save my life and this is the harness that connects to the Injector ballast, Alt, Idle control valve,Coolant Temp,Knock sensor,Throttle switch and ends up at connecting at the passenger side with two connectors, one three and one eight pin.
The connections on the Ballast side seems to jive with the wire colors outside of a couple wires that don't jive and the ones at the shock tower on the passenger side are very different ! I have looked at a bunch of diagrams that don't even show these colors but here is what I got. GN/BL , BLK BRN, W/Y BLK/R ,ORN RED AND BLK (not in that order) then the 3 pin which is grey and 2 blacks and it seems to match to 87 harness. Now from the New 87 harness at that end I have ORN ,BRN, BLK GRY/red , Y/Red AND GRY . I also have no power to the injectors but have fuel to them at the rail and spark is good. Does anyone know where the different colors that don't match go together at the 8 pin connector passenger side??????????