For Sale / Trade - Archive Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Private and commercial posts are also welcome!

1994 volvo 850 for sale in san antonio texas

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 10:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1994 volvo 850 for sale in san antonio texas

year - 1994
make - Volvo
model - 850 non-turbo, automatic
colour - dark charcoal grey

car runs great. has never left me stranded. car is in need of minor repairs but is mechanically sound.

the bads:

registration expired (you will need to have this car towed, unless you want to chance it and drive it with an expired registration to your house/business. i am not liable if you do! i can get you temp tags for 25$)
odometer stopped working about ~2k miles ago. replacement part to fix it is under 2$ online. will fix for free if you order it. (car odometer is EXEMPT on title, so this only matters for actual mileage)
front tie rods and bushings need to be replaced
check engine light is on with a 2-4-1 code, meaning the EGR flow is too low. a cleaning will run you ~60$ no other codes are present
service light is on (will be reset before sale. comes on every 5k miles for oil changes)
paint fading on the roof
minor dings on the driver and passenger side (usual wear n tear, nothing horrendous)
rear wing has minor clear coat damage
stock alarm system is disabled. a new alarm relay should solve the issue it was having.

the good:

leather interior (minor wear and tear, no major cracks or rips)
power everything
inspection current until 02/2012
clear texas title
aftermarket kenwood radio (excelon kdc-x890)
rear MB quart 6x9s
new front axles on both sides
new front struts
new springs on all 4 tires (wagon springs, lowered 1.5", stiff ride)
front tires have ~9k miles on them
new spark plugs
timing belt has ~12k miles on it
new front brakes
new rear brakes
new rear rotors
front rotors resurfaced
new radiator
new radiator fan

there are other issues too minor to list (such as random squeakings / rattlings when you go over a big bump.happens on a car thats almost 18 years old). all in all, its a great car and would be a great car for a student or for your child's first car. KBB.COM lists the value at 2300$ in 'good' condition(which , if you read the description of 'good' on their site, you can compare and see that this car most certainly matches that criteria).

im asking 1800$ OBO. no lowballers or tire kickers. im not in a hurry to sell this car. its currently sitting in my garage, awaiting a new owner.

also looking to trade this car for an 850 turbo, or mid 80s 240 turbo wagon or sedan. manual trans a plus!