South AR, LA, MS, KY, TN, AL, GA, FL, NC, SC, WV, VA, DE, DC, MD

San Antonio Texas volvo owners?

Old 01-04-2015, 07:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default San Antonio Texas volvo owners?

Just thought I would see if there were any volvo ownwers in San Antonio?

Old 03-17-2016, 10:14 PM
RCO

Not in San Antonio but I'm a few miles north of you in Amarillo Tx. Got my first Volvo last week, inheatred a 1999 S 80. Problem is that it had sit untouched, not driven,not even a battery in it for almost 7 years. I have my college degree in automotive technology and electronic control systems with over 20 year's experience in the industry but never once have I ever owned or even opened the hood of any Volvo. No reason, I somehow never had a interest in Volvo, I though of Volvo as my grandmas car,nice safe car for old and slow people.
Flat bed delivered the S 80 to my garage and I started digging into it and reading everything about Volvo that I could find on the web.to only find out just how wrong I was in my thinking of Volvo.
Got a Volvo Repair manual covering my newly acquired S 80 and 2 days later she's purring like a kitten but don't let that fool you after a modification of the air intake and top radium spark plugs it really surprised me, 0 to 60 under 4 sec. 0 to 100 under 13 sec. It's not much top end but for a car that sit over 6 years and comes back to life after a couple of days cleaning up ,tune up and fluid changes. Compression testing 160 straight down the line almost no loss of balance to cylinder wear and it has 135000 miles on her. I'm convinced Volvo builds top line automobiles and now I'm feeling like I've missed out I should of been driving Volvo year's ago. I've always had a lot of car's and still do,Audi,BMW,Nissan,Fords,Chevy, my daily driver was my Nissan Titan 4x4 I've built in lots of extras and HP. about 700 hp.now,but the Volvo is now my daily driver, just something about the car ,I'm really enjoying it. I've been running on way to long now. Sorry about boring you to death, if you're still reading, you must be bored. I found a new toy , having fun.with Volvo.

Old 05-20-2018, 07:02 PM

Yes...(three years later)