For Sale / Trade - Archive Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Private and commercial posts are also welcome!

2005 V50 T5 FWD Geartronic

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 06:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 V50 T5 FWD Geartronic

Selling our 2005 Volvo V50 T5 FWD geartronic. $4700
Located in Dahlonega, GA but willing to meet just north of Atlanta for interested buyers.

We just bought this wagon 3 months ago with plans to make it the family car, but I've got my eyes on a new car now. With three cars in the garage at home, one of them has to go.

The previous owner only drove the car about 1,000 miles from 2014-2016, but they did keep up with routine maintenance and had the timing belt replaced.
Since my purchase with 142,000 miles on the clock, I have replaced many components to make this car like new again:

-Oil and filter changed the weekend I bought it.
-Oil cooler replaced.
-Air filter replaced.
-New cabin filter.
-Coolant flushed with Volvo fluid.
-New engine mount.
-New Bosch fuel pressure sensor.
-New washer fluid reservoir.
-Fuel pump electronic module replaced.
-Bosch alternator replaced.
-Bosch throttle body replaced.
-New Bosch manifold absolute pressure sensor.
-New Bosch turbo control valve.
-Brake fluid flushed and bled with DOT4 fluid.
-Volvo copper spark plugs re-gapped.
-New passenger side cv axle.
-AC compressor re-shimmed and blowing ICE cold.
-Another oil change after 2000 miles.

That's over $1,000 in new parts!

The car currently has 144,xxx miles and is up to date on all maintenance.

Mechanically there are three flaws.
1. The car is storing a code for ECM-2900 "Fuel Pressure, Faulty Signal." I have replaced the sensors responsible for fuel delivery, but there is an occasional power sputter until you lift your foot off the throttle and get back on it. A few times, the car has also failed to turn over upon initial cranking; it always fires right up on the second try though. Research has led me to believe the fuel pump will need to be replaced soon.

2. There is a minor oil leak, which I believe is coming from the oil pan seal. This may be patch-able. I found the location of the leak but have not attempted to fix it yet.

3. Front rotors are slightly warped, which results in a shimmy when braking between 60mph-50mph. All rotors and pads still have plenty of life left.

Exterior cosmetically, this car is 9/10.
-There's a few minor scratches and chips in the Flint Grey Metallic paint, but nothing you can't expect from an 11 year old car.
-The European front plate hides some nasty drill marks from the previous owner's front plate. While my Swedish plate is not included with the car, I will give you the European plate frame for your own front plate.
-A badgeless front grill.
-17"x8" Volvo Pegasus wheels. A few have minor curb rash, but no bends or cracks. Tires have a decent amount of tread left.
-Factory fog lights.
-Factory puddle lights under the mirrors.
-Working and leak-free sunroof.
-Factory roof rails.

Interior cosmetically, this car is 9/10.
-Black leather interior is in good shape with only a few cracks but no tears. There is a white paint mark on the driver's seat.
-Power/Memory driver seat and power passenger seat.
-Brushed aluminum interior trim pieces.
-R-design aluminum pedals.
-Dual climate zones.
-Rear cargo cover.
-20% 3M tint on all windows.
-Spare tire, jack, and wrench in good condition
-Owners manual and all books
-Only one key fob.
The only major flaw is a recent crack in the windshield by the rear view mirror. Price has been discounted accordingly, but I may get the windshield replaced soon if the crack starts to expand.

I have an AutoCheck available from when I purchased the car a few months ago. I will e-mail it upon request. No accidents. Most of its life has been in the South East, so no rust.

PM me if you're interested! I'm motivated to sell this car quickly so I can bring home a new toy.

Old 08-06-2016, 02:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sold.