For Sale / Trade - Archive Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Private and commercial posts are also welcome!

Hi everyone - I'am want Volvo XC90 reveals more autonomous interface

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 01:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi everyone - I'am want Volvo XC90 reveals more autonomous interface

100 Volvo XC90s fitted with autonomous technology will begin trails in Sweden in 2017

Volvo has revealed further details on the autonomous technology and control interface that will appear in its cars from 2017. Revealed in images for the first time, the control system for the upcoming self-driving XC90s shows how the driver can engage and disengage the car's autonomous driving function.

The technology, called IntelliSafe Auto Pilot, is designed to ensure a simple and safe transition or control between driver and car. The self-driving mode is activated and deactivated by a pair of paddles that will be positioned on the steering wheel. When autonomous driving is available, lights on the paddles will flash green, the driver then pulls both paddles simultaneosuly and the car's computer takes control.

When the vehicle detects autonomous driving is no longer avalable, the driver has 60 seconds to regain control after being prompted. If the driver fails to do this, the vehicle will safely bring itself to a complete stop.

“We have designed a user interface that is safe and seamless to use so that drivers can confidently transfer and regain control of the car,” said Thomas Ingenlath, SVP Design at Volvo.

The technology will be trialed in 2017 in 100 new XC90’s as part of the Drive Me project in Gothenburg, with the IntelliSafe Auto Pilot to be introduced to the wider public shortly after the completion of the trial.
source : education wordpress themes