Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in? Step in and talk about it here.

lower an S90?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 08:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lower an S90?

http://www.eurosporttuning.ca/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?
found these on this site ? are they legit?

Old 11-29-2007, 08:30 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RE: lower an S90?

That link only to me to the site not the parts.
You car only has coil springs on the front.
The rear is a 1 piece fiberglass spring.
As far as I know no one makes a lowering kit for your car.

Old 11-29-2007, 08:30 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Is what legit? There is nothing in the link.

When we told you before you couldn't lower your car, that means you cannot do it. I mean unless you want to go fully custom stop thinking about it.

Same as your engine mods go. Just buy a turbo model and mod it from there. Get one that you can lower as well.

Old 11-30-2007, 03:53 PM

Jesus...here's the damn link

whether they're legit or not I don't know but it DOES distinctly call out the S90 in Volvo 940/960/S90/V90 Performance Parts catagory....says $250....

Old 11-30-2007, 04:05 PM

ORIGINAL: cbevis

Jesus...here's the damn link

whether they're legit or not I don't know but it DOES distinctly call out the S90 in Volvo 940/960/S90/V90 Performance Parts catagory....says $250....
Heyif the OP isn't going to post a link that links us to something I am not going to try and figure out what they want us to see.

Also if you notice that those springs are specifically for...

1. Lowering Sport Spring Kit 35mm 1.4in.Sedan 700/900 1985- w/o IRS

Lowering Sport Spring Kit 35mm 1.4in.Wagon 700/900 1985- w/o IRS

You notice 700/900 series SEDANS and WAGONS. In no way does that include the s90 or v90. Also it says without (w/o IRS). He has IRS thusly they wont work. We have told him this many times before. He posted the same link in another thread before and we told him no.

He just doesn't understand that it isn't possible to lower his s90. Unless he does something very custom.

Old 12-01-2007, 10:06 PM

All I'm doing is asking question, and if im asking them over and over thats cause I didnt get the answer i wanted or didnt understand, ok? So dont be hard on me, geeze. and yes it is possible to lower S90's just like you said S70driver, butits something very custom. All i was really asking is, Any suggestions on what companies are better then others?

Old 12-01-2007, 10:45 PM

And what i was trying to tell you was that other then having a custom job done you cannot lower your s90.

Also you violated part of the forum rules by posting the same thing in two different parts of the forum. It is considered DOUBLE POSTING. I will let it slip, but if we tell you something then believe us. No need to start another thread, when you know full well your going to get the same answer.

We told you that the springs from EST wouldn't work in the first thread and the same applies to this thread. If we told you you cannot lower your car in the first thread why would it be different in this thread?

I'm not trying to be rude, but when you don't get the answer you want that doesn't mean your going to get a different answer with a different thread. Your going to get the same answer. We are trying to help you, but if you wont listen to us then we cannot help you. Other then something very custom you cannot lower your car.

As far as finding a place that can help you with your problem I don't know. I doubt IPD USA, EST, H&R, B&G, Intrax, Eibach, KW Coilovers will do something custom for you. Since it will be just a one off piece. It would be very exspensive for them to do it and for you, plus you would have to give them your car or an entire suspension exactly like yours so they they could make something for you and I doubt you could go without your car for very long. I mean contact these companies and ask them if they will do this. See what they say and come back with your results. I'm not telling you not to try it. I am warning you that it will be very exspensive and more then likely companies like these wont do it.

You may have to search for custom spring makers and see if they will do it. But it would be the same way though. You would need to give them your car or a suspension exactly like yours so they could figure something out and it wont be cheap for them or for you.

I am trying to help you. And you might not think it is helping, but it should be. The truth can be hard to swallow sometimes but it has to be done.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:25 PM

I hope you forgive me for posting in this old thread, but you can indeed lower an S/V90.

There has always been one option to lower it, a kit from Volvo (SAM also offers this kit).
That kit includes a new composite leaf spring, as well as new shocks (all round) and new springs up front.

There is also a cheaper option, for those who have nivomats:
They can buy the GE Motorsport lowering kit which costs about 4000 SEK.

Then there is the third option:
Buy coilovers from www.trianglesunlimited.com

The fourth option:
Hacksaw open your front struts, swap the shocks for some shorter (bilstein sprint?) and fit there some Lesjöfors (b&g) springs.
In the rear, if you have nivos, you can either space them down with a custom bracket, or you can fit there some stiff gas shocks (it will drop approx 40-45mm due to the nivo composite spring).

So, there you have it.
You can has teh lowering, even without knowing what a potatoe pealer is.