89 245 turn signal and hazard issue after jumping another car

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2020, 09:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 89 245 turn signal and hazard issue after jumping another car

Hey all, I have an odd one.

Basically I jumped a freinds car, and then drove my car back to it's spot. After doing this I turned on my hazards so I could mess around in the back to put up my cables, and the dash freaked out. The hazard lights are out of sync (one side flashes, then the other). While this happens my left cluster lamp goes on and off with the signal, and tach jumps to the first tic mark. Also when signals are not in use, my left indicator arrow stays dimly lit. I did unplug my driver side headlight and signal assembly and the issue still happened, and I also checked my bulbs and all work and flash.

Also I removed a piece of fuse that fell and was hanging from the bottom fuse (touching nothing). I have no idea where it came from as all my fuses were good, and for it to be like that I would have had to have removed a bad fuse. Just thought I would add that in there.

Due to it being below freezing I took a break, and when I came back I couldn't get the car to behave like this again. I'm afraid to start it or do anything because of how odd the issue is (hopefully I haven't run my battery down anyways). I have asked a few people I know and most of the reactions are people thinking it's hilarious, telling me it's a "volvo thing", and I was also told to consult a priest for an exorcism. At this point I'm a little tired of multiple people saying to "put her down", "sell to pull-a-part", etc over tiny issues, so I do have something to prove by fixing it and doing so easily. My plan to morrow is to possibly remove the turn signal and headlight assembly and inspect all wires and where they run through holes in the body. My wagon was wrecked at one point and whoever fixed it had the mental capacity of a melted crayon, and even Volvo themselves have done sketchy wiring when the car was brought to the dealer. Due to the one arrow staying on and the dash lights, I was thinking there might be a place where bare power wire and ground wire are/were touching.

I also made a youtube video showing what I saw: