Problems with headlight installation and Lamps and Lenses online retailer

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 02:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Problems with headlight installation and Lamps and Lenses online retailer

Has anyone ever had a problem with the online retailer Lamps and Lenses. I recently ordered some headlights and corner lenses from them. I installed the corner ones without a problem but the headlights won't pop into the threaded adjustable rods. I called them and the lady was dry, rude, and not willing to help when I told her if i could talk to someone that was technical she told me he was busy with fifteen customer and hung up on me before I could say anything else . I would like to know if anyone here has used them before and what are your experiences with them. I would also like to know if anyone here has any tips on how to install them without breaking the white round retaining clips (they seem to be fragile). Thanks, and sorry about my first post being so long. and full of drama .

Old 10-27-2010, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't know if I've used that particular company but I think most all the after market stuff is made by the same folks. Those suckers are TIGHT, ok? So tight that, when removing, one usually breaks. I've tried all sorts of stuff over the years. WD-40, heat gun, the truth is...it takes more force than you think. After using some sort of lube, a good hard pop works better than steadily increasing pressure. Make sure it's oriented properly as you have no guaranteed second shot.

Old 10-27-2010, 06:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess it's not just me, they sure are hard to pop in . I also thought about using some type of lube. I almost had to rip the old ones off but the round clips did not get damaged. I am thinking about trying to remove the old ones incase one of the new ones break while I try to install them.