Time to fix some stuff

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 04:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time to fix some stuff

Im going to do alot of little repairs tomorrow and taking some time to look a few things over. I went to napa today and bought some CFC or CMC MAF cleaner. Is that alright to use on the MAF to clean all the connections and plastic ports and what not? Alot of my vacuum hoses do need to be replaced and when i pump the brakes when parked, the car looses idle and drops its pressure and sputters a bit then when i stop it idles up and settles out, im guessing thats also from the vacuum hoses being cracked, does anyone have a sheet and feet of exactly what sizes we need for the car so i can buy them ahead of time instead of take out measure and put back in, and do i need the exact size hoses for each hose already in the car or can i do a generic size? For throttle body cleaning, i went today and saw the CFC or CMC which ever it is for the TB cleaning, however on the label it said not for superchargers or turbo charged engines, so what type of TB cleaner should i use, or is that stuff ok? I need to replace the bushings for the front sway bars, and when i took it to a shop to look at it, he said the parts were going to be 70 dollars a side from napa, i found them on Eeuroparts.com for $14 a side, and look to be the same things. with the metal parts and all, or do i just need the bushing itself which would be cheaper? The bushing is shot its metal to metal, but i think the metal parts are all still good. Thanks for the help

Old 07-23-2010, 02:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe you have a bad slave cylinder check valve. the white one connected to a black hose that goes to the intake manifold...pretty cheap..

Old 07-23-2010, 02:04 AM

forgot....take out the check valve and blow on both ends.....it should only blow one way....don't mean to tell you, you don't know nothing.....

Old 07-23-2010, 02:21 AM
Banned

bad brake booster....

Old 07-23-2010, 06:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did all the vacuum lines yesterday, cleaned out the MAF, the inter cooler and all the lines, changed power steering fluid and circulate that through a few times and put new back in. The vacuum lines were horrible, almost all of them where cracked right under the connections if not right after, the brake booster cable was real bad, cracking all through it. Replaced them all and got a lot steadier idle, as well as the whole brake pumping problem went away. The power steering doesnt whine as much, but not much noticeable change in ease when turning the wheel. The intercooler lines were all clean and no oil in them, which was a nice reassurance. The turbo shaft doesn't have any play and the spool spins freely. Cleaned all the connectors for the MAF and used the CRC cleaner. The 2nd nipple on the engine facing side of the intake manifold, does that line run into the dash? I followed it all the way to the firewall. I didnt replace that, but want to eventually.