vibrating noise...

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 01:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vibrating noise...

Hey guys, I've got a question:

There seems to be an intermittent sorta quite vibrating noise that my car makes (sorta like when you drop your cell phone between the seats and it's on vibrate....not very loud but you can hear it...but not feel it).

When it happens it happens at a constant rythem or beat if you will...then goes away. Also while it's happening it feels like the car slows down at every beat, I watched the spedometor and the rpms as it was happening yesterday and neither one droped while it did it (though it's very small so maybe they wouldn't react in time).

My girlfriend borrowed my car today and said that she hears it as well. Anyone have any idea what it could be?

I need new tires and this could maybe...maybe be it. My girlfriend said it sounded like it was coming from the rear drivers side tire (which looks ok...the rear passenger is in worse shape)

As a side note that might help diagnose this: the check engine light is on and the guy who I bought it from said it has an electrical problem...I went to the shop to get the front end alighned (didn't work too well) and that morning I relalized that the clock had stoped so for kicks I asked them about it. They said the car has a short and that it will blow fuses on me occasionaly.

I checked the bottom row of fuses yesterday (the top ones are a B*tch to get to!) and they were all ok...I'll check the top row tonight. Could it maybe be the ABS freaking out?

BTW it's a 94 940 non-turbo

Thanks, any help is apprechiated

-sorry for the long post-

Old 06-11-2007, 10:16 PM
Default RE: vibrating noise...

<BUMP>

i'd still like to figure out what this is if anyone can help me...

i've figured out that the noise only happens while the ac is on. any chance it's a belt or something?

Old 06-12-2007, 01:03 AM
Default RE: vibrating noise...

The tires could be a part of this. Also check the rotors and pads.