Upgrage/Modify/Import my car

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 10:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrage/Modify/Import my car

Hello guys,
The name is J, I'm new to this site eventhough i have been coming to this site off and on, untill recently i decided to register. Lets see I own a 1984 Volvo 760 which I'm in love with and there are things I just can't find out.
I'm trying to make my car look exotic almost like imported cars, for instance like all them hondas and so on.... I need some ideas for interior and exterior, performance parts.

Old 01-18-2009, 12:58 PM
Got Boost?
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Upgrage/Modify/Import my car

[sm=welcomesign.gif]

First off...I don't like the Idea of turning a volvo into a tuner car, but if it is what you like, thenso be it.

Now...There is very few parts for these cars that you can buy and bolt on. Most of the stuff you will have to do on your own or pay some one to do it.

For the interior...I would start by changing it to a black interior with some tastefull accent colors, and maybe upgrade the seats. You upgrade the stero system with a single DIN or you can get creative and do custom mounts.

For the exterior...Start by upgrading your wheels to what you like (the offset for the wheels is ~23mm, though you can put different offsets with spacers). Then move on to paint. That is all I would do to a volvo.

Performance Parts, well that depends on a few things....What are you looking for. Do you want to do suspension upgrades or do you want to do engine mods, or do you want the whole thing? there are few performance partss for these cars, but there are a lot of how-to's on the forums, like custom coilovers, BBK, Turbo Kits, Exhausts, Transmission upgrades and Swaps...etc.

most of the parts you need can be found at IPD. You should check out this link: https://volvoforums.com/m_38606/tm.htmfor it has a bunch of the aftermarket and OEM site.

Old 01-19-2009, 05:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well i didn't mean to turn my volvo into a rice burner, i just wanted some visualization & performance tips.
Where's a good site to go to to get a Custom Header? anyone know?

Old 01-19-2009, 08:22 AM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

I don't think anyone makes a header for these cars.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:08 PM
Got Boost?
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: shadow

Well i didnt mean to turn my volvo into a rice burner, i just wanted some visualization & performance tips.
Where's a good site to go to to get a Custom Header? anyone know?
Ok then .

Is yours turbod? I dont remember ifUSA go the Turbo model.
Custom headers can be bought from RSI (R-Sport International) they run about $650 and you will have to tell them what you want.
There are a few guys on Turbobricks that can make custom Headers and Exhausts for you.
I would do IPD swaybars and some sports springs with Bilstein or KONI shocks/struts for the suspension. If you have some money to blow, then I would do Coilovers which can be found at Kaplhenke Racingfrom $600-$1800 (Click Here).
Now for the exterior....I would only get a nice set of wheels (bolt pattern is 108x5 with offset of ~23mm, but you can put other offset wheels if you get some spacers), and a paint job, well,if you need one.

That should be enough to start you out.
Some stuff will be very hard to find, and most of the times there is no aftermarket parts, so you will have to look around forums for good deals and rare parts.
If you need any other parts like camshafts and what notm then just ask.

Good Luck