Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo 850 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-850-16/)
-   -   97 850 t-5 bad gas issues month 3 need help Please (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-850-16/97-850-t-5-bad-gas-issues-month-3-need-help-please-69894/)

Rexneffect28 04-08-2013 08:26 PM

97-850-t-5 bad gas

ok thanks I will order that sometime soon as I hear it running. but I am going to check on the timing belt first i believe that holds priority since its a bit to new being a 97 to find out my actual mileage.
I put extra foam over the small plastic line at the end of it where it attaches to the intake as that is where it broke and wasn't looking for a premature break and have to do it again for at least a recommended run for the lines.
Robert I already learned the codes for the radio from my normal methods if it don't work, research and ask anyone that knows anything. my cd player dont work either its been covered but it was trashed in the trunk from previous owner(s)with junk yard parts and other stuff that pretty much needed a serious cleaning to just be acceptable by my standards.
I cant get the thing to open up any light to light up and electrical is not something that I am any good at.
Then the molding around a back door saggin down but that should be easy enough to glue back in place.
The passenger door in front must have gotten tweeked from the accident the hinge as I don't know what else to call it but doesn't function like one should, it seems to catch and then make a snapping sound as it gets past the spot it is binding up at and is well past a normal squeak.
The easy fixes are better than the first time that you do any job and in my case turn into this is what you shouldn't do experiences. You wont ever learn if you don't do it just like life. As of now its I can show you better than I can tell ya someday it will be I can tell ya as well as I can show you and maybe most folks will understand what I be talkin bout.

rspi 04-09-2013 07:39 AM

The door strap issue is common. It jams and tears the metal on the door. You can Google it. Most people pull the screw out till they get it fixed.

Rexneffect28 04-09-2013 06:14 PM

http://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-850-16/97-850-t-5-bad-gas-issues-month-3-need-help

My trunk wont stay up when i lift it the strut(s) is shot then? I sure wouldn't want to have that thing fall and take my head off that has to be the most deceptive in terms of weight trunk I have ever seen at best if it was to fall on my hand or fingers there will be broken bones for real.
How do i operate the wipers on the headlights to see if they work?
I am ordering the mast but going to see what else is needed to to get most of the new project stuff at the same time.
I also know I need to get both turn signal assemblies in the front as both the part that holds the bulbs and the plastic that holds the bulb connector in place are broken and put together with what to me is a farmers answer to keeping things going duct tape and bailing twine. That isn't what was used but just as bad.
Is there somehow I can check about recalls on my car and if they have been done or not?
Is the part needed for my door called a door check?

Kiss4aFrog 04-09-2013 08:04 PM

Take a look at the topic you posted = Bad gas.

Just making a running thread of your problems isn't the correct way of doing it. You need to post your problems individually.

It helps "us" follow a train of thought and it helps others because at this point helping you with your new problems 5 pages in isn't going to be of any help to anyone with a similar problem as they aren't going to come into this "bad gas" thread looking for help with their lift supports or finding recalls.

Have you tried to search for any of these answers ?? Have you bothered to type "Volvo 850 recall" into Google or some search engine to see what's out there ??