Volvo 850 Made from 1993 to 1997, this Volvo line was available in both a wagon and a sedan, both with were graced with several trim levels.

Another evaporator repair writeup

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 03:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Another evaporator repair writeup

ja, of all days to not bring my camera phone, i picked today. so, i put the blower in without taking pix, sorry. oh well, it is straightforward, except for one thing. I dont believe anyone specified HOW to take the glovebox out cause of the hinges that are in the way. well, they snap into the glovebox door. a very small, thinscrewdriver will do the trick. stick the blade into the groove that is easily visible next to the plastic hinge on the door when open and pull the plastic hinge UP. push them through the hole on the glovebox and they fall off the back. now you can take out the plastic glovebox and access the 4 screws that hold the door in place. I dont think it is necessary to take the door off but it made it much easier for me to stick my arms through that opening and another hand under the dash when unscrewing the T-25 torx screws off the blower assy.