Volvo 850 Made from 1993 to 1997, this Volvo line was available in both a wagon and a sedan, both with were graced with several trim levels.

Daylights

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 11:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daylights

does anyone know how to configure daylights that it doesnt turn on everytime the car runs?

I. Day Light
II.Parking Lights/Interior Light
III.Day/Night Lights / Fog / Interior

I want to know if anyone can configure them to

I.No Lights
II.Parking/Fog Lights /Interior
III. Day/Night Lights/ Fog / Interior

Old 02-20-2008, 03:34 PM
Default RE: Daylights

Look at the switch. There is a very small screw. You want to twist that screw.

Old 02-20-2008, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it should be law that day lights be on all the time personally. Not necessarily have the headlights on all the time like we have, but some kind of daylights should be required. I hate it when people drive around at dawn and dusk and during storms with their lights off. Even on bright days you see cars much better when the lights on. Funny several of us were just talking about this at work today and we all agreed.

Old 02-22-2008, 06:55 PM

lol, but im getting HIDs on my t5r and I dont want to burn the bulbs out that quick. but either way even if I have to have daylights i would still like the feature of parking lights/fog lights on! my friend has his car set up like that on his corolla xrs

Old 02-22-2008, 07:05 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I run HID's and I have my LOW Beams on all the time. And my HID's are in my LOW Beam position. They are fine.

If you want to disable the DRL's (Daytime Running Lights) there is a screw and tiny screw at that on the light switch. I forget which way you turn it but turn it and they will be disabled. Very simple to do.

Also where are you getting HID's from? I hope your getting them from SharpHID.com they have the best service and best warranty and prices too. John will take good care of you.

Old 02-23-2008, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My son has his V70R set up so he can have the fog lights and parking lights on at the same time, but not the headlights. I know he had to do something to make it work that way, but not sure what he did.